This Bahama Mama Cocktail is overflowing with tropical flavor that will have you dreaming of sunshine, summertime, and your favorite beach! Made with two kinds of rum, orange and pineapple juice, and grenadine for a flavor-packed island cocktail!
This Bahama Mama Cocktail is bursting with the tropical flavors you crave once the weather starts to warm up! The dark and coconut rum and the orange and pineapple juice combine for a delicious splash of flavor that will have you making one after another after another!
I love using my homemade Grenadine Syrup for this cocktail, or any cocktail for that matter! It’s so easy to make using just pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice and adds a fresh flavor that you just can’t get from the store-bought stuff!
What Is In A Bahama Mama
Pick up your favorite dark rum and coconut rum at the store and get started making up this classic Drink! This cocktail comes together quickly using:
- Dark Rum – This will balance the coconut rum out with its spicy dimension.
- Coconut Rum – Adds that fresh, sweet tropical coconut flavoring to this cocktail.
- Orange Juice – I recommend using a pulp-free orange juice but you can choose what you like!
- Pineapple Juice – I used canned 100% Dole Pineapple Juice but you could use a bottled option as well.
- Grenadine – Making this syrup right at home gives this cocktail an even more fresh and flavorful taste! If you’re looking to speed things up you can always use store-bought too!
- Ice – For shaking and serving over! Use cubes or crushed ice, whatever you prefer!
- Garnishes – I like to use maraschino cherries and pineapple wedges to really dress this fun cocktail up!
How To Make Bahama Mama Cocktails
- Shake the dark rum, coconut rum, grenadine, pineapple, and orange juice together in a cocktail shaker with ice vigorously.
- Strain into a glass with ice.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and a pineapple wedge!
How Many Drinks Does This Recipe Make?
This Bahama Mama Cocktail Recipe makes one drink. Simply repeat the ingredients and instructions for as many drinks as you would like… or can handle!
Can I Make This Recipe Into A Slushie?
Yes, you can! Just add all the ingredients into a blender with crushed ice and blend until it becomes slushy.
Why Doesn’t This Bahama Mama Recipe Have Coffee Liqueur?
This one boils down to personal preference. When Bahama Mamas first became popular coffee liqueur was indeed involved but has evolved over time. I prefer it without the coffee liqueur, but feel free to add a splash of Kahlua!
I often get caught up in making the same tried and true cocktails over and over again. Why change what tastes good, right? If you’re needing to break up the cocktail monotony like me here are more recipes worth sipping on!
- Tequila Sunrise Cocktail – Made with zesty orange juice, refreshing tequila, and sweet grenadine for the best hot summer night drink!
- Cactus Cooler Tequila Cocktail – A blend of smooth tequila with orange, tangerine, lime, and cranberry juice with triple sec and lemon-lime soda!
- Blood Orange Cocktail – This fun tasty pink drink is loaded with the best blood orange flavor that everyone will love!
- Outlander Fairy Pool Cocktail – Welcome in the warmer weather with this vibrant blue cocktail that’s made with tequila, blue curacao, and triple sec!
- Tootsie Roll Cocktail – A cocktail that tastes exactly like an alcoholic tootsie roll!
Bahama Mama DrinkPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a glass with ice and garnish with a maraschino cherry and pineapple wedge.
- How Many Drinks Does This Recipe Make? This Bahama Mama Cocktail Recipe makes one drink. Simply repeat the ingredients and instructions for as many drinks as you would like… or can handle!
- Can I Make This Recipe Into A Slushie? Yes, you can! Just add all the ingredients into a blender with crushed ice and blend until it becomes slushy.
- Why Doesn’t This Bahama Mama Recipe Have Coffee Liqueur? This one boils down to personal preference. When Bahama Mamas first became popular coffee liqueur was indeed involved but has evolved over time. I prefer it without the coffee liqueur, but feel free to simply add a splash of Kahlua!