These Butternut Squash Noodles with Sage Cream Sauce are creamy, crunchy, and earthy! It’s a super versatile meal – Add a protein of your choice, eat it as a side, or keep it vegetarian.
Butternut Squash Noodles
Hey all! Sam from The Culinary Compass back to bring you this perfect bite of fall! These Butternut Squash Noodles with Sage Cream Sauce might be my new favorite fall dish for all of the flavors it brings.
The sweet butternut squash pairs perfect with the earthy and creamy sauce which is a breeze to throw together! The great part is that this can be dinner on its own or you can eat it as a side dish.
This dish can definitely be made with diced butternut squash if you don’t have a spiralizer. I actually lucked out with a local grocery store carrying pre-spiraled butternut squash! You should absolutely check it out your local grocery store if you haven’t already for pre-spiraled veggies.
My favorite part of this dish has to be the sage cream sauce. It’s earthy but creamy and perfect for just about any meal you can imagine. Pairing it with the sweet butternut squash is the perfect combo. It’s got great caramelized onions and garlic as a based that you deglaze with some white wine and infuse with sage. Add some heavy cream and parmesan and it’s got all the flavor you’ll ever need.
How you choose to cook the noodles is up to you. I personally like a little bite to my noodle so I let them simmer in the sauce for a few minutes. If you’d rather boil them or saute in a pan on their own to soften them up, try that out!
More Delicious Squash Recipes:
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Fennel, Mushrooms, and Sausage
- How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Roasted Winter Squash
Butternut Squash Noodles with Sage Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 10 sage leaves, diced
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan, grated more to top
- 9 ounces butternut squash noodles
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Melt butter and add onion and garlic. Heat until onions are browned, about 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and bring to a simmer. Add sage leaves and let reduce until about half, about 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add in butternut squash noodles and toss to coat. Let simmer 5-10 minutes to cook down. Serve warm.
Pin This Recipe for Later!