Tart cranberries meet zesty oranges and bold bourbon in this delightful Cranberry Orange Bourbon Syrup. It’s perfect for breakfast, dessert, or straight out of the bottle.
As a food blogger, I’m constantly watching trends to see and predict what’s hot and what all of you are going to love. Well one of the biggest predicted trends for 2015 is “bitter flavors”, which is perfect for this cranberry loving girl! You might have noticed that I’ve been on a bit of a cranberry kick lately with these cupcakes and sparkling cranberries, there’s just something about the bold mix of bitter and tart that I LOVE!
Cranberries and oranges are such a spectacular pair, but for this particular recipe, I wanted to give that combo some new life.
The smooth oak notes were just the thing to bring the vibrant pair down to a cozy winter level of glorious flavor!
This syrup is simple enough to whip up and takes just 30 minutes. It’s great on pancakes (which you’ll see tomorrow), ice cream, cinnamon rolls (hopefully coming soon), and you won’t get buzzed from it, but you’re more than welcome to drink it straight from the bottle!
- 1 (12oz.) bag Fresh Cranberries
- 2 tbsp lemon Juice
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- Combine cranberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once cranberries have burst and let out their juice, add in orange juice, vanilla, and bourbon and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Strain mixture through a mesh sieve or cheesecloth over and baking pan to catch the syrup.
- Transfer syrup back into pan and heat over medium heat until reduced and syrup thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Use immediately or allow to cool before bottling up.
- Adapted from Will Cook for Smiles
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!