Toss away that boxed muffin mix from the grocery store and instead feast your taste buds on these Jumbo Blueberry Muffins! Their bakery-level taste surpasses store-bought, instantly becoming a family favorite everyone will devour!
Homemade muffins are an easy and delicious way to start any day! These Blueberry Muffins along with Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins or Chocolate Chip Muffins usually come out of my oven at least once a week!
BEST Blueberry Muffins
Keep promising yourself that you’ll trade in boxed mixes for homemade, yet haven’t made the swap yet? This Jumbo Blueberry Muffin recipe is a great and simple place to start doing just that!
This recipe is easy to make using pantry staple ingredients while also giving you the choice of using fresh or frozen blueberries! In 35 minutes, you’re left with homemade, moist, fluffy muffins that you can proudly serve up to your family!
You’ll love starting your day by pairing a warm, buttered homemade muffin with your coffee! Giving you something to look forward to in the morning is the best way to start your day!
Serve these jumbo muffins up at home or camp for breakfast, bake up a batch for a snack, or bring them into work to share with co-workers!
Homemade Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
There’s a good chance that this Blueberry Muffin Recipe will instantly become your new favorite! Partially because you’re likely to always have the ingredients on hand which means there’s really no reason not to pop a batch in the oven!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Large Egg
- Whole Milk
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Coarse Sugar – Just before you put the muffins in the oven to bake you can sprinkle on some coarse sugar for added flavor and wonderful texture!
One of the tricks to getting these Blueberry Muffins to turn out perfectly soft and fluffy is to not over mix the batter. So be sure that when you’re mixing ingredients together you’re doing it until they’re just combined!
How to make Blueberry Muffins
- Grease or line the jumbo muffin pan cups.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then whisk in the milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with the blueberries. Gently stir together, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin cups and top each muffin with more blueberries.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar on top of all the muffins.
- Bake until the muffins are golden and bounce back when you touch the tops. A toothpick should also come clean from the center.
- Cool in the pan and then remove them to finish cooling completely on a wire rack.
I like these best served warm with butter. Reheat them in the microwave for 15 seconds before eating.
How to Store Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
Store these large muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and placing them in the freezer.
Best Homemade Jumbo Blueberry Muffin Recipe FAQs
Absolutely! If you choose to make just regular-sized muffins you should get about a dozen muffins. Making mini muffins will deliver about 36 blueberry muffins, just keep in mind that they’ll bake quickly so you may need to adjust the baking time.
I would suggest only mixing the batter by hand. Using an electric mixer tends to overmix the batter, and to achieve soft, fluffy muffins you really don’t want the batter to be overmixed!
You should be able to pick one up at your local department store. Sometimes craft stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michaels will also carry them.
If not, you can always count on Amazon – I like these muffin pans!
For high-domed muffins, use the high-to-low-heat baking method. This method starts the baking process at a higher oven temperature, where the muffins are baked for 5 minutes, and then the oven temperature is decreased for the remaining baking time.
The secret to making moist muffins is found when exactly the right amount of oil or butter is used in the recipe. In this muffin recipe, oil is used, and the muffins turn out deliciously moist!
This varies from recipe to recipe, depending on what the goal is for the outcome in terms of taste and texture. For these muffins, using oil is best to achieve the light, fluffy texture we aim for!
These Blueberry Jumbo Muffins take about 15 to 20 minutes to bake. When they’re done, the tops of them will be golden brown, and when the tops of them are pressed, they should bounce back. Afterward, allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes!
More like this Jumbo Muffins Recipe:
Though these Jumbo Blueberry Muffins are very large, they still disappear in no time! Here are more yummy muffin breakfast recipes that will fly off the table just as fast!
- Banana Berry Muffins – Loaded with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and ripe bananas!
- Morning Glory Muffins – Filled with craisins, carrots, walnuts, and apple butter for a wholesome breakfast or snack option!
- Easy Caramel Muffins – These have a gooey caramel center with a delicious crumble topping!
- Cranberry Orange Muffins – Packed full of juicy berries and orange zest!
- Banana Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffins – Homemade muffins with a streusel topping, ready in just 35 minutes!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Homemade Blueberry Jumbo Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease or line 6 jumbo muffin pan cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt for 30 seconds.2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, 1 Tablespoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl, then whisk in milk, oil, and vanilla extract.1 large egg, 1 cup whole milk, ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the egg mixture and 1½ cups of blueberries to the flour mixture. Gently stir with a mixing spoon or spatula until the flour is just moistened. Don’t overmix.2 cups blueberries
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan cups. Then top with a few blueberries, gently pressing them in a bit. This will allow your muffins to have blueberries in each bite AND look nice on top after being baked!2 cups blueberries
- Sprinkle coarse sugar on top for extra flavor and texture.coarse sugar
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and the tops should bounce back when pressed.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- How To Store: Store these large muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and placing them in the freezer.
- Can I Make Regular Sized Or Mini Muffins With This Batter? Absolutely! If you choose to make just regular-sized muffins you should get about a dozen muffins. Making mini muffins will deliver about 36 blueberry muffins, just keep in mind that they’ll bake quickly so you may need to adjust the baking time.
- Can I Use An Electric Mixer To Make This Recipe? I would suggest only mixing the batter by hand. Using an electric mixer tends to overmix the batter, and to achieve soft, fluffy muffins you really don’t want the batter to be overmixed!
- Where Can I Get A Jumbo Muffin Tin? You should be able to pick one up at your local department store. Sometimes craft stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michaels will also carry them. Or on Amazon.