These Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the perfect game day appetizer made with just 4 ingredients! Lil smokies are wrapped in a slice of bacon and brushed with a hot honey and brown sugar glaze that will surely satisfy your guests!
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies really stand out in the snack spread which means they’ll likely be the first to go! Pretzel Pigs In A Blanket or Spicy Blood Orange Lit’l Smokies would also make great additions to the food table!
These Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies check all the best flavor boxes! The sausage radiates that smoky goodness as bacon gives them their saltiness while you get a sweet but slight heat kick from the glaze. They’re the perfect Appetizer!
In just 45 minutes you’ll be devouring, or serving, these rather addictive wrapped smokies that are well worth the time! Once they’re done baking just step aside, the sweet smell of the glaze will bring the crew to the kitchen for you!
Bacon Wrapped Smokies Ingredients
To whip up these tasty little bites you’ll need slices of bacon that will wrap up the little smokies. Hot honey, light brown sugar, water, and ground cayenne pepper will be used for the glaze!
When a recipe has an ingredients list this short and easy you don’t even need an excuse to make them! Gameday or not, these Bacon Wrapped Smokies are good any day of the week!
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375°F.
Prepare the little smokies by patting them down with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Then cut each slice of bacon into 3 sections to give you a total of 36 pieces.
Wrap each little smokie with a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Once they’re wrapped in bacon place them on the prepared baking dish.
Whip up that tasty glaze! Begin by whisking together the honey, brown sugar, water, and cayenne pepper until thoroughly combined.
Brush the mixture over the top of the little smokies before baking for 15 minutes.
Flip them and brush on the remaining glaze halfway through baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
What If I Don’t Have Hot Honey?
Since the hot honey adds a slight kick, cayenne pepper is used for added additional spice! If you don’t have hot honey simply use regular honey with cayenne pepper to give these smokies some heat!
Do I Need To Use Parchment Paper?
No parchment paper? No worries! Just use cooking spray to coat the baking sheet to prevent the bacon and smokies from sticking to the pan. But parchment paper is definitely more reliable.
How To Reheat:
Easily reheat these Bacon Wrapped Smokies back up in an oven heated to 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
Whether you’re hosting a party, contributing at a potluck, or just hanging out at home appetizers always sneak their way onto your plate! To make sure the ones that sneak on are delicious be sure to try out some of my favorites!
- Homemade Guacamole – Super creamy and loaded with fresh flavor with a touch of spice!
- Baked Chicken Wings – A simple method for crispy chicken without the hassle of deep-frying!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Queso Dip – Grab the chips and dig into this shredded chicken dip!
- Peace Barbecue Little Smokies – Mini sausages marinated in a sweet sauce with a kick of spice!
- Maple Chili Meatballs – Sweet meets heat for this ultimate party appetizer!
Bacon Wrapped Lil’ SmokiesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pat the little smokies with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Cut the strips of bacon into 3 sections giving you 36 pieces.
- Wrap each little smokie in a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Place the bacon-wrapped smokies on the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, brown sugar, water, and cayenne (if using) until combined and brush the mixture over the top of the little smokies and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the little smokies and brush with the remaining sugar and honey mixture and then bake for an additional 8 to 15 minutes depending on how crisp you want the bacon.
- Remove from the oven and allow the smokies to cool slightly before using a fork to assist in remove the toothpick or serve with the toothpick.
- The hot honey adds a slight kick and delicious flavor but is not a strong heat. The cayenne pepper can be added for additional spice if desired. If you don’t have hot honey on hand, you can also just use regular honey and cayenne.
- It’s important to flip these halfway through so one side doesn’t get too crispy while the other remains soft.
- A bag of little smokies usually has about 37 to 42 smokies in it, feel free to use the whole bag.