Baked Strawberry Glazed Donuts Recipe uses fresh strawberries, strawberry yogurt, and strawberry preserves to create a sweet, tender donut! Ready to devour in just under 30 minutes!
This Baked Strawberry Glazed Donuts Recipe delivers incredibly buttery and tender donuts that are coated in a sweet homemade 3-ingredient strawberry glaze! The fresh burst of strawberry flavor makes these donuts taste like they’d be complicated to make!
However, they’re actually one of the easiest donut recipes you’ll find! This means you’ll be falling in love with them EVEN more!
5 Reasons Why I Love This Recipe!
- Strawberry Flavor! The light fresh strawberry flavor of these donuts will easily give your favorite chocolate donut a run for its money!
- Easy Ingredients! Most of the ingredients you need for this recipe are ones you can likely find right inside your pantry!
- Baked Not Fried! You get to skip the deep-fried mess while still enjoying an amazing fresh donut!
- Ready In No Time! Delicious homemade donuts ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Enough To Share! This recipe whips up about a dozen donuts! Plenty for the whole family to enjoy, bring into work, or share with a neighbor!
These homemade strawberry donuts have a base made of common baking ingredients making them fairly easy to mix up! To whip up these donuts you’ll need an egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, strawberry flavored yogurt, light brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and fresh strawberries!
When the donuts are cooling it’ll give you a chance to quickly whisk together the sweet strawberry glaze! That easy recipe is made of just powdered sugar, half & half, and strawberry jam!
How To Make Strawberry Frosted Donuts
- Whisk together the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold the diced strawberries into the batter.
- Pipe the batter into the greased donut pan. I used these pans.
- Bake the donuts in the oven at 350 degrees F until they’re slightly golden brown. Then allow them to cool in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Add confectioners sugar, heavy cream, and strawberry jam to a small bowl to prepare the glaze. Whisk together until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze and then place them on a cooling rack to set up. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store Strawberry Glazed Donuts
I suggest enjoying these donuts the same day for the freshest taste! If needed, you can store them for 1-2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be brought to room temperature before eating.
What Other Liquids Can I Make The Glaze With?
Instead of the cream, you could use water or your choice of milk! I like using the cream since it gives the glaze a richer texture!
How Do I Thin The Glaze For These Donuts Out?
You can easily thin the fresh strawberry glaze out by adding in a drop of your choice of liquid until it reaches the desired consistency.
What Else Can I Use Instead Of A Piping Bag For The Batter?
Since the batter is very thick it’d be difficult to spoon the batter into the donut pan. If you don’t have piping bags you can easily use a Ziploc bag!
Just place the batter into the Ziploc bag and squeeze out any excess air before closing the bag. Then simply cut one corner of the Ziploc bag off and pipe the batter into the pan!
These Strawberry Donuts will win the hearts of your whole family from their fresh sweet taste to the incredible aroma that they fill your home with! Here are more tasty donut recipes to eat up!
- Boston Cream Donuts – Made with refrigerated biscuits for a fried, cream-filled, chocolate-topped donut!
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts – With only 4 ingredients these cinnamon-sugar topped donuts are ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
- Brioche Donuts with Vanilla Cream – Perfectly crisp donuts filled with smooth vanilla pastry cream for the best homemade donuts you’ll ever have!
- Air Fryer Chocolate Donuts (From Scratch) – Soft, fluffy, and loaded with rich chocolate flavor!
Strawberry DonutsPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Strawberry Frosted Donuts
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam I used Bonne Maman
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Prepare a donut pan (or 2 if you have 2) by greasing with butter and then sprinkling with flour.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients (egg, melted butter, vanilla extract and yogurt).
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients ( flour, sugar, baking soda and salt).
- Combine wet ingredients with dry until just combined with a wooden spoon. The batter will be very stiff.
- Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Transfer the donut batter to a disposable piping bag and pipe into a greased donut pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until donuts are slightly golden. Allow donuts to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then invert onto a cooling rack to fully cool!
- Prepare glaze while donuts are cooling. In a medium deep bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar, heavy cream and strawberry jam.
- Dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze and return to a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath to set. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired!
- Do not forget to properly prepare your donut pan to avoid sticking. Thoroughly wipe and regrease if you are using the same pan to make a second batch.
- The donut batter in this recipe is very thick, if you do not have a disposable piping bag use a ziplock bag with the corner cut to pipe as it would be very difficult to spoon the batter into the donut pan.
- You can substitute any liquid in the glaze recipe. I like the cream to give it a richer texture but feel free to use water or your choice of milk.
- These donuts are freshest the day they are made. The leftovers can be refrigerated for 1-2 days in an airtight container. They can be brought to room temperature before eating.