This Hot Chocolate Dip is a deliciously creamy dessert dip that’s super easy to make using your favorite powdered hot cocoa mix! Enjoy this treat by dipping cookies and fresh fruit into it!
Hot Chocolate Dip is an exciting new way to enjoy that classic cold-weather flavor we all love! This chocolaty, creamy dip tastes just like your favorite cup of hot cocoa, only in dip form!
This luscious dessert dip will easily please every Hot Chocolate lover you know! Kids all the way up to adults will enjoy dipping their favorite cookies and fruit into this yummy dip!
The best part is that this recipe takes just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time to whip up! Making this one of the easiest ways to contribute to that family gathering that’s coming up!
Though it’s a popular winter flavor this chilled dip would even be great to cool down with once the warmer weather finds us again! Which is hopefully sooner rather than later. 😉
In the meantime, run to the store and grab what you need to make this Hot Cocoa Dip Recipe! After all, if we have to endure cold weather we might as well be eating something delicious!
This Hot Chocolate Dip Recipe is an inexpensive treat to mix up for yourself, or friends and family to enjoy! To make this dip you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Hot Cocoa Mix – Grab your favorite storebought mix! Or even mix up a batch of Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix to use in this recipe!
- Heavy Cream – This helps thicken up the dip for a nice creamy consistency.
- Marshmallow Fluff – Gives this dip it’s sticky, sweet marshmallow flavor.
- Cool Whip – I used extra creamy to make this recipe.
- Mini Marshmallows – Because can anything that has to do with hot cocoa have too many marshamallows? I think not! You can also use mallow bits.
Once the dip is made you can serve it in an oversized mug for an added festive touch! Then enjoy it with pretzels, strawberries, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and Oreos!
‘Tis the season for gatherings and parties! So if you’re hosting a crowd you can also whip up Buddy The Elf Christmas Dip and Christmas Tree Cake Dip! All three desserts can be served with the same dippers, making party prep a breeze!
How To Make Hot Chocolate Dip
- Beat together the heavy cream and hot cocoa mix until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Fold in the cool whip and marshmallow fluff by hand.
- Before serving, fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Top the bowl of dip with more mini marshmallows and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Properly Store This Hot Cocoa Dip?
Keep this dessert dip stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. Enjoy any leftovers within 3 to 4 days!
Can I Make This Recipe With Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix?
Yes, you can! And what a delicious variation I’m sure it would turn out to be! Just be sure to use 1 cup of the peppermint cocoa mix.
How Many Packets Of Swiss Miss Cocoa Would I Need To Make This Dip?
You would need four 1.38oz packets of Swiss Miss Cocoa.
Is There A Way That I Could Make This Recipe A Litte More Chocolaty?
Try adding in a little more hot cocoa mix or even Hersheys Cocoa Powder. You could even add fold some mini chocolate chips into the dip as well.
This Hot Chocolate Dip is sure to please everyone that’s lucky enough to snag a taste! Try another crowd-pleasing Hot Chocolate Recipe that’s just as mouthwateringly delicious as this one!
- Easy Hot Chocolate Dump Cake – An easy-to-make dessert that’s made of just 6 ingredients!
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix – Takes only 5 minutes to whip up your own homemade hot cocoa mix!
- Hot Chocolate Bombs – The best step-by-step guide to walk you through making your very own cocoa bombs!
- White Hot Chocolate No Bake Cookies – A gluten and nut-free treat that’s great to bring to those holiday parties!
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate – Cooks up in only 10 minutes and then gets finished off with delicious toppings!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Hot Chocolate Dip
- In a large bowl, beat together the hot cocoa mix and heavy cream with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the marshmallow fluff and cool whip until combined.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows shortly before serving.
- Top with marshmallows and serve with cookies and fruit.
- This recipe makes about 4 cups of dip and serves about 16 people. It can easily be halved for a smaller crowd.
- How Do I Properly Store This Hot Cocoa Dip? Keep this dessert dip stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. Enjoy any leftovers within 3 to 4 days!
- Can I Make This Recipe With Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix? Yes, you can! And what a delicious variation I’m sure it would turn out to be! Just be sure to use 1 cup of the peppermint cocoa mix.
- How Many Packets Of Swiss Miss Cocoa Would I Need To Make This Dip? You would need 4 -1.38oz packets of Swiss Miss Cocoa.
- Is There A Way That I Could Make This Recipe A Litte More Chocolaty? Try adding in a little more hot cocoa mix or even Hersheys Cocoa Powder. You could even add fold some mini chocolate chips into the dip as well.