This Christmas Tree Cake Dip is an irresistible decadent dessert dip that’s made with just 4 easy ingredients in only 10 minutes! A true crowd-pleasing treat that will quickly disappear when shared with friends and family!
When it comes to holidays I love Cookies and Pie just as much as the next person. But holiday dessert dips like this one, Buddy The Elf Christmas Dip, and Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip is where I really lose all self-control.
Christmas Tree Cake Dip is exactly what everyone’s looking for at all of the holiday gatherings this year! And rightfully so since it’s filled with one of the season’s most popular storebought treats, Little Debbies Christmas Cakes!
Those sweet vanilla snack cakes get chopped up and folded into creamy cool whip! Add in a splash of vanilla extract and a few shakes of sprinkles and you’re left with a bowl full of edible Christmas cheer that everyone will devour!
Why This Recipe Works!
- Inexpensive! For just ten dollars or less you’re left with a dip that will feed a large crowd! A win for any budget when holidays are expensive enough with all the traveling and gift giving.
- Easy To Make! This dessert proves that you don’t need an elaborate recipe to shock everyones taste buds!
- Ready In No TIme! Dip into it in just 10 minutes! Whip it up before your favorite Christmas movie starts or as you head out the door to the holiday party!
- Variations! Swap the vanilla Christmas cakes out for the chocolate ones and the vanilla extract out for peppermint!
- Kids Love It! Slide the kids a bowl of dip and crackers I’m willing to bet that you won’t hear a single complaint!
You’re guaranteed to fall in love with how easy it is to whip up this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip Recipe! To make a batch all you will need is:
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes – This recipe calls for 8 Christmas Tree Cakes so be sure to grab two boxes of the snack cakes!
- Cool Whip – I used extra creamy cool whip and I really found that it made for a tastier dessert dip!
- Vanilla Extract – This enhances the vanilla flavored snack cakes making for delightful flavor all around!
- Sprinkles – To add some festive color to this dip add some red and green sprinkles! Just keep in mind that some sprinkles may bleed into the dip. Don’t worry though, it won’t affect the final taste!
After the dessert dip is made all that’s left to do is to surround it with a platter full of dippers! Here are some things I’ve found to go well with this dip:
- Pretzels – Sticks, twists, or even snaps!
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Cookies such as ginger snaps or soft sugar cookies.
- Fresh fruit like strawberries, grapes, and sliced apples
- Animal Crackers
How To Make Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
- Cut the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes into pieces. Then add them to a large bowl.
- Fold in the cool whip and vanilla.
- Add in the sprinkles and then fold them into the dip gently.
- Transfer the dip to your favorite serving bowl and top with more sprinkles! Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store This Christmas Tree Cake Dip?
Place any leftovers in an airtight container or tightly seal the serving bowl with plastic wrap. Store it in the refrigerator and enjoy the dip for 3 to 4 days.
Can I Add The Snack Cakes To A Food Processor To Chop Them Up?
Of course. Doing so will likely result in a smoother textured dip, which is totally fine. The texture of the dip really just comes down to personal preference anyway!
Does This Recipe Make A Large Batch Of Dessert Dip?
Yes, it makes about 4 cups of dip. If you’re looking to serve a smaller crowd you could easily halve the recipe. However, if you’re bringing this to a big family holiday party you may want to double it!
Can I Make This Recipe Using Other Little Debbie Snack Cakes?
Yes, you should be able to with no problem at all! I think their Zebra Cakes and Birthday Cakes would work well in this recipe. Be sure to also try it with other seasonal snack cakes throughout the years as well!
Every single Christmas party needs delicious desserts like this Christmas Tree Cake Dip to munch on! Here are more popular Christmas sweets to whip up for your next holiday party!
- Brownie Christmas Trees – Prep this festive boxed brownie mix dessert in just 20 minutes!
- Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes – Light, fluffy cupcakes topped with a green buttercream frosting Christmas tree!
- Soft Christmas Sugar Cookies – Decorate these delicious cookies with your kids to start a fun family tradition!
- No Bake Christmas Krispie Treats – Made with festive sprinkles, mini marshmallows, and red and green M&Ms!
- Christmas Tree Brownie Bites – Brownie bites piled high with green frosting then decorated with sprinkles!
Christmas Tree Cake DipPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Christmas Tree Cake Dip
- 8 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
- 8 ounces extra creamy cool whip thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Christmas sprinkles
- Chop the Christmas tree cakes into pieces about ½-inch wide and add to a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the thawed cool whip and vanilla.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles (note that some sprinkles may bleed color into the dip).
- Serve in a bowl topped with more sprinkles and serve with cookies, graham crackers, or fresh fruit.
- This recipe makes a lot of dip, about 4 cups and each serving is about 1/4 cup per person. However, you can easily halve the recipe for a smaller crowd.
- We tested this recipe with cream cheese and frosting as well and the only cool whip version was by far the best. Just sweet enough, but not overpowering.
- You could use the chocolate cakes with chocolate cool whip for a chocolate version.