This Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix is made with only 6 ingredients in just 5 minutes to create a mix that’s great for snow days or gift giving! Once the milk is added, the end result is a sweet, creamy, and chocolaty mug-full of pure comfort!
Store a jar full of this Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix in the pantry and watch as your kids excitedly race to it after coming in from playing outside in the snow! This easy-to-make mix delivers the perfect mugful of rich, creamy hot cocoa that’ll warm you up from the inside out every time!
You could really watch your kid’s faces light up and add a Snowman Hot Chocolate Topper to their mugs!
I love making a large batch of this cocoa mix to portion off into mason jars. Then I simply tie a festive ribbon around each and add a tag for instructions to make an easy gift!
These dressed-up jars are great to pass along to neighbors, friends at the office, and even your kid’s teachers! An easy, inexpensive, and edible gift that everyone will actually look forward to receiving!
The ingredients list for this Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe with cocoa powder is short and sweet! To make a batch you’ll need:
- Powdered Milk – This is something you’ll find right at the grocery store in the baking aisle.
- Powdered Sugar – For added sweetness!
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Gives the homemade mix that classic chocolaty flavor we all love!
- Chocolate Bars – I used both white chocolate and milk chocolate. I prefer using Ghirardelli brand chocolate since it comes in both cocoa powder and bars. However, feel free to use any high-quality chocolate.
- Powdered Coffee Creamer – Coffee Mate’s orginal powder creamer is what I chose to use.
If you spend any time baking you likely already have the powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder on hand. So you may only need to add a few items to your grocery shopping list to gather up the remaining ingredients.
How To Make This Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Store the homemade mix in a tightly sealed jar.
How To Make A Cup Of Hot Chocolate Using This Homemade Mix
- Add some hot cocoa mix into a hot cup of milk.
- Stir the hot milk and cocoa mix together carefully. Then add your favorite cocoa toppings and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store This Homemade Cocoa Mix
Place it into a mason jar or an airtight container. Then use it up within 3 months!
How Do I Chop The Chocolate Bar Into Fine Pieces?
You can toss the bars in a food processor or even use a fine grater.
Can I Use Different Flavors Of Powdered Coffee Creamer In This Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe?
Absolutely! What an easy way to whip up a delicious variation of this hot cocoa mix. I’d recommend trying vanilla caramel, chocolate creme, and even french vanilla.
Add this Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix into your favorite winter drink rotation to enjoy all season long! Here are more rich, creamy homemade hot chocolate recipes you’ll want to add to that rotation as well!
- Creamy Mexican Hot Chocolate – A cup of your favorite winter drink that’s hot in more ways than one thanks to chili powder!
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate – Set out your favorite hot chocolate toppings beside the crockpot so everyone can make their own cup!
- Hot Chocolate Coffee – The best of both worlds all nestled into one cup, ready in only 10 minutes!
- Boozy or Not White Hot Chocolate – Rich notes of white chocolate with a slight hint of vanilla topped with Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream!
- Homemade French Hot Chocolate – Thick, chocolaty hot cocoa made with only 6 ingredients in just 10 minutes!
Homemade Hot Chocolate MixPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together, powdered milk, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, white chocolate, milk chocolate, and powdered coffee creamer.
- Store hot cocoa mix in a tightly sealed container.
- When ready to make a cup of hot cocoa add 2 tablespoons of mix into a hot cup of milk.
- Stir mix into the hot milk until mixed. Serve and enjoy.
- To make a cup of hot cocoa- add 1 cup of hot milk to a mug, add in 2 large tablespoons of hot cocoa mix and stir until dissolved.
- Does it matter what kind of cocoa or chocolate bar I use? You can use any high-quality chocolate. I prefer Ghirardelli since you can get the cocoa powder and the bars in this brand.
- Can I use different types of chocolate bars? Yes! Actually, I make a container for the kids with milk chocolate then I make myself with dark chocolate.
- How do I store this cocoa mix? Store in an air-tight container or even a mason jar. This will be good for 3 months.
- How do you get the chocolate bar so finely chopped? You can use a food processor or even a fine grater