Eggnog Hot Chocolate combines two winter favorites into one rich, creamy, and delicious beverage that you’ll want to sip all season long!
You guys! This Eggnog Hot Chocolate might just be my new favorite holiday drink! It was an idea that came to me on a whim and boy was it a delicious decision!
The richness of the eggnog and homemade hot chocolate is pure perfection. It’s sweet, creamy, chocolaty and has such a unique and decadent flavor that even eggnog haters LOVE this drink!
Why I Love This Recipe!
I wasn’t much of an eggnog fan until college when I worked at Starbucks and fell in love with their eggnog lattes with gingerbread syrup. Now, I love adding eggnog into my holidays from Eggnog Cheesecake to Eggnog Pudding Shots!
This year, I wanted to develop a recipe that I could share with my daughter in the hopes that she will grow up loving eggnog as much as I do now. This creamy and rich hot chocolate was just the thing!
It’s easy, quick, and made with easily accessible ingredients!
This yummy holiday drink can be made with either a store-bought or Homemade Eggnog and a simple homemade hot chocolate mix made with cocoa powder, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and whole milk.
How To Make Eggnog Hot Chocolate
This stovetop hot chocolate is super easy to make! You just need a handful of ingredients and 10 minutes!
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla to a small or medium saucepan.
- Then add the milk.
- Finally, pour in the eggnog and whisk together over medium heat until done.
- Remove from heat and pour into two mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows or enjoy plain!
RECIPE NOTE: This recipe makes 2 to 3 servings. If you only need one, just halve the recipe or you can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and reheat it on the stovetop.
If you loved this luxurious Eggnog Hot Cocoa recipe then you might also enjoy these other warm drinks that will have you feeling cozy all winter long!
Eggnog Hot ChocolatePin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Eggnog Hot Chocolate
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk together until combined. Cook until the sugar dissolves and it begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and divide between two mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows. Top with freshly grated nutmeg and sprinkles, if desired.
- For a thicker hot chocolate, half & half or heavy cream may be used instead of milk.
- This recipe makes two 8+ ounce portions or three 5+ ounce portions.
- The drink is quite rich, but so creamy and delicious. Anyone who loves eggnog will love this and even if you don’t, it might surprise you!