This Beer Bread is made with Belgian-style wheat beer and 5 other ingredients to create a buttery, moist loaf of bread! Slide the loaf pan of batter into the oven to bake after only 5 minutes of prep!
A loaf of this Beer Bread will disappear quickly at any game night, holiday party, or place where delicious snacks are a must! It’s buttery, moist, and will fit in just right by bringing a new dimension of flavor and texture to your appetizer table!
I love that this can be a quick food contribution for events or gatherings that I can quickly throw together yet still show up with something that’s absolutely delicious! With only 5 minutes of prep, 6 ingredients and no yeast, and only one hour of baking, this Buttery Beer Bread is ready in no time after very minimal hands-on time!
This Easy Beer Bread Recipe requires very minimal ingredients! To bake up a loaf you’ll need:
- Flour – I used all-purpose flour in this recipe.
- Granulated Sugar – Gives the bread a nice, lightly sweet flavor.
- Baking Powder – The leavening agent that helps the bread to rise as it’s baked.
- Salt – Balances the overall flavor of the bread out.
- Beer – 12 ounces of a Belgian-style wheat beer.
- Salted Butter – This gets melted and poured over the batter once its in the loaf pan.
Maybe you’re wondering, “What’s the Best Beer for Beer Bread?” I personally prefer to use Belgian ales or light ales for this recipe. But I have also used dark beers and stouts.
I’d love to try it with flavored beers like blueberry or pumpkin as I’m willing to bet it’d come out incredibly delicious!
How To Make Beer Bread
- Prepare by preheating the oven and using nonstick spray or butter to grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the beer to the dry ingredients. Then gently stir together until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan. Then pour the melted butter over the bread batter.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
Store this Beer Bread at room temperature wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or placed into an airtight container. Eat within 3 days!
Can I Freeze This Beer Bread?
You definitely can! To do so, just double wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap and then place it into a freezer bag. Then you can store the bread in the freezer for up to 3 months!
What Can I Use Instead Of Beer?
If you’re wanting to leave the beer out you can just use lemon-lime soda instead!
How To Serve
Beer bread is delicious on its own, but I also love cubing it up and serving it with warm dips like Spinach & Artichoke. It also pairs well with soups and roasts, try it with this delicious Rump Roast recipe!
This Beer Bread is a delicious homemade loaf of bread that everyone looks forward to no matter how many times I’ve made it in the past! Grab another homemade bread recipe that you may enjoy as much as this one!
- Funfetti Ice Cream Bread – No rising or kneading required to make this tender, lightly sweet bread that’s topped with icing and lots of sprinkles!
- Homemade Bread – This fluffy, tender homemade bread recipe comes complete with detailed step-by-step instructions and photos!
- Zucchini Bread – Tender zucchini, walnuts, and cinnamon pair with common pantry ingredients to create a quick and tasty quick bread!
- Starbucks Banana Bread – This copycat banana bread is loaded with walnuts, enjoy it warm with a bit of butter!
- Cranberry Bread With Crumble Topping – Tender quick bread that’s made with juicy, tart cranberries and covered in a butter crumble topping!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add beer to dry ingredients and gently stir together just until combined.
- Pour the melted butter over the bread batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
- Nutritional information is an estimate. This recipe makes one loaf which should serve about 8 slices/people. Information is based on servings of 8.
- I prefer Belgian ales or light ales for this recipe but have made it before with dark beers and stouts. Flavored beers such as blueberry or pumpkin also work well.
- You can use a lemon-lime soda in place of the beer.
- Beer Bread can be stored covered/wrapped at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- To freeze: allow the bread to cool completely before wrapping it in plastic wrap and placing it in a large freezer bag.