This Beer Cheese Dip is a creamy, thick homemade dip that’s the perfect game-day appetizer to enjoy with soft pretzels, chips, or vegetables! Ready for dipping in just 10 minutes!
Grab a scoop of another delicious dip like this Buffalo Chicken Dip or my Spinach Artichoke Dip! Both are baked in the oven and served hot for the best taste!
Bring some new, irresistible flavor to the appetizer table this game-day season by mixing up this Beer Cheese Dip! No matter if your game day is cheering on hockey, football, or basketball – this dip is a must-have snack for friends and family to munch on!
This creamy, cheesy dip is best served warm and garnished with shredded cheese! For a kick of heat, you could even sprinkle on some cayenne pepper!
Dive Into This Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip!
Taste: Melted shredded cheese pairs with Dijon mustard and spices such as garlic powder and paprika. Together the mixture combines with beer making for a flavor-packed homemade cheese dip that guests will eat right up!
Texture: This warm Beer Cheese Dip heats up to a creamy, thick dip that has the best dipping consistency!
Tips For Making The Best Tasting Beer Cheese Dip!
- Beer Choice – I find that this dip tastes best when using an IPA or Belgian Wheat Ale. However, the best beer for beer cheese dip is likely what your taste buds prefer! So, feel free to use your favorite beer to make this dip tastiest for yourself.
- Shredded Cheese – It can be tempting to use pre-shredded cheese in this recipe, but I encourage you to resist the urge! The flavor and texture of this dip are just so much better if you shred the cheese yourself! Pre-shredded cheese has fillers added to it that keep it from clumping, not allowing it to melt nicely.
- Thin or Thick Dip – If you prefer a thin dip, you can add more milk when heating the ingredients. For a thicker dip, you can a bit more flour or cut back on the milk used in the recipe.
- Stir It Well – When heating the ingredients together it’s important to stir it well. This way the dip turns out perfectly lump-free, giving it the creamiest consistency!
Delicious Ideas For Dipping!
- Pretzels – Soft Pretzels are always my first choice! The salty, chewy pretzel and this creamy cheese dip are the most delicious pair on game day! our Pretzel Pigs In A Blanket are also an excellent dipping choice!
- Vegetables – Set out a veggie tray to enjoy with this Beer Cheese Dip! Carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower would all be great pairing choices!
- Crackers – Townhouse, Triscuits, wheat thins, and even saltines or ritz crackers! Pick your favorite crackers and see what tastes good to you!
- Bread – Dip slices of Sourdough Bread or French Baguette into this cheesy dip!
- Chips & Pretzels – Tortilla chips and pretzels are always a go-to with this appetizer dip!
- Topping – Use this cheese dip as a topping on your favorite Burger or sandwich!
Can it even be a game day if there’s not a spread of mouthwatering appetizers that are ready to be devoured? I think not!
Along with this Beer Cheese Dip I also love to make 7 Layer Dip and Pizza Dip! While keeping in mind that I also have to compliment the savory dips by also whipping up some sweet ones as well!
So, for that, I usually turn to my creamy Brownie Dip that’s made with only 5 ingredients! Or this Caramel Apple Pie Dip that’s ready in just 15 minutes!
Place any leftover dip in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. Enjoy the remaining cheese dip for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
What’s The Best Way To Reheat Leftovers?
Beer cheese dip cold is not super tasty, so you’ll definitely want to warm leftovers up before enjoying! I’d recommend reheating the leftovers in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
This way it gets a slow, even heat. Microwaving it may heat it too fast, resulting in scalding the cheese, and ruining the dip!
Is This Dip Gluten Free?
No, this recipe isn’t gluten-free. However, with just a few substitutions you can easily make it gluten-free!
To do so, exchange the all-purpose flour for gluten-free all-purpose flour. The brand King Arthur Flour carries this as well as Bob’s Red Mill.
Next, swap the beer out for a gluten-free lager or amber-style beer!
What Can I Use In This Recipe Instead Of Dijon Mustard?
Dijon mustard can be replaced with yellow mustard or mustard powder.
Can I Make This Dip On The Stovetop And Then Transfer It To A Mini Crockpot To Keep Warm?
Yes, this can be made into crock pot beer cheese dip! That way all the guests can enjoy it warm all night long!
You may want to double or triple the recipe to make enough for a crockpot beer cheese dip though. This way the dip doesn’t disappear too quickly, leaving what’s left to stick to the crock pot.
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ½ cup beer I recommend an IPA or Belgian Wheat Ale
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Make the dip by melting butter and flour together, then gradually whisk in milk (stirring well to remove lumps).2 Tablespoons salted butter, 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, ⅔ cup whole milk
- Whisk in the beer, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and paprika until it comes together. Let this simmer for 3 minutes.½ cup beer, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Then whisk in the cheese and serve hot.3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- I don’t have Dijon mustard – what could I substitute? You could substitute yellow mustard or mustard powder.
- Can I use pre-shredded cheese? The flavor and texture will be better if you shred the cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has fillers added to keep it from clumping and it does not melt as nicely.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!