Boat Dip is Tiktok’s favorite dip recipe that’s filled with mouthwatering Mexican flavor and is made with only 4 ingredients in 5 minutes! This chilled dip makes the best summertime snack!
Tik Tok Boat Dip
Load your chips up with this Boat Dip and enjoy some mouthwatering Mexican flavors – including a kick of heat! This easy-to-make dip recipe is one you’ll surely have on repeat once you get your first taste!
This dip gets its name from it being an on-the-go snack since you simply just dump the ingredients, mix, and enjoy! The creator, whose Tiktok Video went crazy, is seen enjoying it on their boat!
And since you want quick and easy snacks to devour up while you’re out on the water, boat dip was born! However, boat or not, this taco flavored dip is a must-make to enjoy anywhere – poolside, at cookouts, or just on a Saturday at home!
Boat Dip Ingredients
Skip the oven and enjoy this no-bake Boat Dip Recipe! To whip it up you need just 4 easy ingredients:
- Sour Cream – I mix the sour cream and taco seasoning ahead of time. This way they have time to chill in the refrigerator together, building a much better flavor for this dip!
- Taco Seasoning – Grab your favorite store-bought packet or use your own homemade taco seasoning recipe!
- Rotel – With green chilies. Make sure to drain it before adding it to the dip! Otherwise, the dip will turn out runny!
- Shredded Cheese – We like ours with shredded cheddar cheese. However, a Mexican-style shredded cheese blend would also be great in this recipe!
How To Make Boat Dip
- Combine the sour cream and taco seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Add the drained tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips, vegetables, or potato chips!
Even though this recipe is designed to be an easy dump and mix dip – I find that it has the best flavor after chilling for at least 2 hours. This gives the spice mix time to meld with the sour cream. If your goal is to make this on the go, I recommend add the taco seasoning to the sour cream in the container and mixing then combining the rest of the ingredients when ready to enjoy for better flavor.
What To Serve With This TikTok Dip Recipe
There are so many mouthwatering ways to enjoy this Boat Dip! Here are a few tasty ideas to get you started:
- Chips – I think tortilla chips taste best with this dip, but you can also try it with potato chips, pita chips, Fritos, or even pretzels!
- Fresh Vegetables – Carrots, celery sticks, sliced peppers, or cucumbers would all be great with this viral dip recipe!
- Crackers – Try scooping this dip up with wheat thins, Triscuits, Buttery Rounds, or Ritz!
How to store this recipe for Boat Dip
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The leftover dip can then be enjoyed for up to 2 to 3 days.
Boat Dip Recipe FAQs
Yes, it does! Simply double each ingredient and you’ll have a larger portion to share with friends and family.
You can simply choose a spicier packet of taco seasoning or add in a chopped jalapeno. If you really like a kick of heat you can do both!
I think full-fat sour cream tastes best in this recipe but you can certainly use fat-free if you’d like!
No worries, you can just make your own! To do so mix the following ingredients together:
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of each: paprika and ground cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon of each: garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.
You can tell the dip has gone bad if it has an unpleasant smell or an off taste. I’d recommend noting when the sour cream and cheese goes bad before making this dip to ensure it’s not accidentally made with ingredients that are expired or about to be expired.
Though some dips can be frozen, I don’t recommend freezing this Viral Boat Dip Recipe. If frozen, the consistency and texture will be off once thawed.
More like this Tiktok Boat Dip
You can never have too many delicious dip recipes like this Boat Dip! Grab an extra bag of chips and snack on another popular dip recipe!
- Cheeseburger Dip – Made with all of your favorite cheeseburger fixings, ready in 30 minutes!
- 7 Layer Dip Cups – Easy, single-serve dip cups that are perfect for any party!
- Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Dip – Filled with shredded chicken and caramelized onions!
- French Onion Dip – Homemade in just 30 minutes to deliver the best taste possible!
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip – Can be made two ways: hearty or creamy, you pick!
More from Sugar and Soul
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Tiktok Dip Recipe (Boat Dip)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (10.5oz.) can Rotel with green chilies drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream and taco seasoning until fully combined.
- Add in the drained tomatoes and cheese and stir until evenly incorporated. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for 2+ hours for a stronger flavor.
- How To Store Leftovers: Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The leftover dip can then be enjoyed for up to 2 to 3 days.
- Does This Tiktok Boat Dip Recipe Double Well? Yes, it does! Simply double each ingredient and you’ll have a larger portion to share with friends and family.
- How Can I Make This Dip Spicier? You can simply choose a spicier packet of taco seasoning or add in a chopped jalapeno. If you really like a kick of heat you can do both!
- Can I Use Fat-Free Sour Cream In This Recipe To Save On Calories? I think full-fat sour cream tastes best in this recipe but you can certainly use fat-free if you’d like!
- What If I Don’t Have A Packet Of Taco Seasoning? No worries, you can just make your own! To do so mix the following ingredients together:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of each: paprika and ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of each: garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.