This is the Best Banana Cake recipe EVER! It’s moist and sweet and topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting!
Best Banana Cake
I’m excited to share this recipe with you today. Not only is it delicious, but it really is the BEST Banana Cake ever. I have been making this cake for about seven years now. Everyone loves it and always asks me for the recipe.
I had some ripe bananas on the counter and rather than making this easy banana bread again I decided a cake sounded better. Cake almost always sounds better! When life gives you ripe bananas…make banana cake. Then, frost it with a cream cheese frosting. SO GOOD!!
A tangy cream cheese frosting is the best way to frost a banana cake since the two go together so well! You might even crave a piece at 2:00 in the morning when you’re unable to sleep.
Unfortunately, I was caught.
I had the fridge door open and was eating the cake straight from the pan. My husband asks, “what are you doing?” LOL!! I guess I need to be a bit quieter.
I have always followed this recipe as is since it was given to me. However, sometimes I have had to bake it longer than an hour depending on the pan I’m using, use a dark non-stick pan for best results.
Also, this recipe requires the cake to be placed in the freezer immediately from the oven. Make sure you’re using a pan that will not crack and have adequate space in the freezer.
The next time you have brown bananas sitting on your counter, do yourself a favor and make this banana cake ASAP! It’s addictive and delicious and is sure to hit the spot!
More Delicious Banana Recipes:
Pin this Cake Recipe for Later!
Watch How to Make this Banana Cake in the Video Below!
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch metal cake pan.
- On a dinner plate place the peeled bananas and use a fork to mash them.
- Then place bananas in a bowl and pour lemon juice on top; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Then stir in 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar and heavy cream and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.