Chicken and Brussels Sprouts and Grapes has the seasonal flavors of roasted red grapes and Brussels sprouts, shallots, and walnuts, ready in only 30 minutes! This easy weeknight, seasonal, or holiday meal will impress everyone!
This Chicken Brussels Sprouts Dinner has flavors that are perfect for the end of summer as well as around the holidays! The roasted Brussels sprouts and red grapes mix together with shallots, garlic, and the crunch of walnuts to bring this whole meal to life!
Though this is a popular meal around our house as summer fades to fall and even when we’re in the thick of holidays, I’ve also been known to whip this up throughout the entire year as well! We all have those weeknights where we’ve been on the go all day long between work, kids in school, and their sports/activities schedule.
So who can blame us when we finally arrive home with little to no desire to cook and serve dinner. For those days I almost always turn to this simple and quick Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes meal!
The tender chicken, golden brown brussels sprouts, and roasted grapes will taste exactly like a reward for surviving a busy day!
What I Love About This Recipe!
- Healthy! This dish has it all with the high protein chicken and nutrient rich vegetables and fruit! A quick and easy meal you can actually feel good about serving to your family!
- Quick! Only 10 minutes of hands on prep time and 20 minutes of cooking has dinner on the table in only 30 minutes!
- Can Easily Be Doubled! Easily double or even triple this recipe to serve to a larger crowd!
- Make It A Side! Feel free to even leave the chicken out and serve the roasted brussles sprouts and grapes up as a side to your other favorite meals!
This Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes recipe easily dresses up minimal ingredients with tons of flavor! The obvious base of this dish is the chicken, brussels sprouts, and grapes.
I chose to use chicken tenders when making this but you could also grab boneless skinless chicken breast and slice it up into strips to use. The chicken then gets seasoned with salt and black pepper before being cooked on the stovetop in olive oil.
As for the roasted Brussels sprouts mixture, that will get laid out on a baking sheet and baked in the oven! To make this part of the dish the Brussels sprouts are first trimmed and quartered before being tossed on the pan with the red grapes.
The grapes and sprouts are then stirred together with olive oil, shallots, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. After they’re baked up to mouthwatering perfection the chopped parsley and walnuts are stirred in!
To serve you just place a few chicken tenders on your plate and spoon on the brussels sprouts mixture!
How To Make Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- Place trim and quartered brussels sprouts along with grapes onto a large baking sheet that’s lined with aluminum foil. Toss with olive oil, shallots, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roast until the sprouts are tender and golden brown. Then remove them and stir in the chopped parsley and walnuts.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper and heat olive oil in a medium pan.
- Cook the chicken in the pan until the tenders are cooked all the way through.
- Place the cooked chicken tenders on a platter and spoon the sprouts and grapes over them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
Don’t let those leftovers go to waste! Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy them within 3 to 4 days!
What Other Nuts Can I Use Instead Of The Chopped Walnuts?
You can swap them out for any nut you prefer. Try this dish with hazelnuts, almonds, or even peanuts!
Can I Cook The Chicken Differently?
Yes, you can! Feel free to serve these roasted Brussels sprouts over chicken that’s cooked your favorite way whether it’s baked, grilled, or sauteed.
What Else Can I Use If I Don’t Have Minced Garlic?
You can easily replace minced garlic with garlic powder!
Quick but delicious meals like this Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes are what weekday dinner dreams are made of! Grab another meal recipe that’s also ready in around 30 minutes or less for those hectic weeknights!
- One Pan Greek Chicken Quinoa – Loaded with seared chicken, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and feta for a healthy meal that’s ready in no time!
- American Chop Suey – A cozy family favorite that’s made with ground beef, macaroni, and spices, serve it up with a slice of garlic bread!
- Garlic Butter Shrimp With Zucchini Noodles – This one pan meal is packed with the fresh flavors of spiralized zucchini and lemon garlic butter shrimp!
- Easy 5-Ingredient Mini Pizzas – Canned biscuits get covered in your favorite pizza toppings making for an easy family pizza night!
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo – Tender pieces of chicken are served in a thick, creamy, cheesy sauce with fettuccinie pasta!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Chicken And Brussels Sprouts Dinner
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Trim and quarter the Brussels sprouts and arrange on the baking sheet with the grapes, toss with olive oil, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly and roast until sprouts are tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in the chopped parsley and walnuts.
- While the sprouts are roasting, season the chicken tenders liberally with salt and pepper. Place a medium pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned on the bottom, turn, and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place cooked chicken on a platter and spoon the sprouts over it.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Walnuts can be omitted or substituted for another nut such as pecans or almonds.