Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a thick, creamy, cheesy dish served with tender pieces of sauteed chicken that’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Instant pot recipes are great for getting dinner or a side on the table for a quick weeknight meal! My Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are a tasty side dish but if you’re looking for another full meal my Instant Pot Pot Roast is a popular option too!
This Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo closely resembles the hit dish from Olive Garden in both taste and smell! But this homemade version lets you skip the drive and wait time without losing out on flavor!
Using this pressure cooker recipe means it’s a one-pot meal which is basically a lifesaver on a weeknight! The lack of multiple pots and pans make for a quick clean up while still giving your family a great meal!
If you haven’t hopped on the Instant Pot train yet, no worries! My Best Alfredo Sauce recipe still lets you enjoy a version of this popular dish without needing an Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
To make this Chicken Alfredo Recipe I recommend you use a thick pasta such as fettuccine or tagliatelle. Thin pasta like angel hair will become overcooked during the process.
Other ingredients you’ll need to round up are:
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – cut into 1” cubes
- Minced garlic
- Chicken stock or chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley – to garnish
- Red pepper flakes – if desired
- Salt – to taste
If it’s available, fresh Parmigiano is a delicious, worthwhile splurge! I recommend buying a block and grating it as needed for the most flavor!
How To Make Instant Pot Alfredo
Saute Warm olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes on the Saute-Normal function then add the chicken in. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
Add in garlic and cook for another minute, then put the chicken stock, heavy cream, dried pasta, and salt in. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is in the sealing position.
Cook for 5 minutes then switch the valve to the “venting” position and return to Saute-Normal function. Stir and cook until the liquid has reduced by half then add in the parmesan.
Serve immediately! If desired, garnish with fresh parsley and pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
How To Serve
My family loved this recipe with extra parmesan cheese on top along with some red pepper flakes and a side of Cheese Breadsticks!
To shorten the cook time even more you can substitute the chicken breast for rotisserie chicken! This lets you skip searing the chicken in the first couple of steps.
How To Store
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Heavy Cream Vs Milk
I highly recommend using heavy cream in this recipe to get a nice thick, creamy alfredo sauce. Using milk thins the sauce too much in my opinion.
I can always count on a big ol’ dish of pasta to satisfy that comfort food desire that usually surfaces once a month! Try some of my other Pasta recipes that are sure to bring comfort to your own table as well!
- Bacon & Broccoli Fettuccini Alfredo – Cheese sauce with broccoli, crispy bacon, and fresh parsley!
- Baked Spaghetti Pie – Al dente pasta smothered in a meat sauce and topped with cheese!
- Three Cheese Bacon Mac and Cheese – The ultimate comfort food laced with crispy bacon!
- Cajun Chicken Pasta – Perfectly browned chicken served over pasta loaded with spice!
- Simple Shrimp Alfredo Pasta – Loaded with delicious shrimp, fresh vegetables, soaked in an alfredo sauce!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (about 3 cloves)
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta use dried pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Parsley to garnish
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Normal function. Add the olive oil and allow it to heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add the chicken stock, heavy cream, dried pasta, and salt. Add the lid to the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes. When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful — the valve will steam and may splatter.
- Return the Instant Pot to the Saute-Normal function. Stir and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- To save time, substitute the chicken breast for rotisserie chicken and skip steps one and two.
- I always recommend using low sodium chicken stock if you have it available. If you don’t have chicken stock, water would also work.
- I highly recommend using heavy cream in this recipe. Milk will thin the alfredo sauce too much.
- Make sure to use a thick pasta in this recipe (such as fettuccine or tagliatelle)– thin pastas (such as angel hair) will become overcooked.
- Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano is a delicious splurge if you have it available! I recommend buying a block and grating it as needed for the most flavor.