This Crustless Mini Quiche Recipe made with eggs, sausage, green peppers, and cheese are perfect for quick weekday breakfasts or weekend brunch! Make them ahead of time and freeze them for when you want them!
This Mini Quiche Recipe was originally published on Centsless Meals where I am a contributor.
With back-to-school season just around the corner, this Crustless Mini Quiche recipe is sure to come in handy for those crazy mornings where you want to feed the family something savory and wholesome but don’t have a ton of time!
This Mini Quiche recipe is great because it’s super simple to make and they freeze well so it’s a great recipe to add to your meal prep rotation as well! If you loved this Breakfast Casserole, then you’ll love this recipe!
What Is Quiche?
It is a savory tart usually made with a pastry crust a filling of eggs, meat, cheese, vegetables, and milk and served for breakfast and brunch. This recipe is for crustless mini quiche.
For this recipe, I chose to do green peppers and sausage, one of my favorite breakfast flavor combos, but you could easily do ham or bacon instead or even skip the meat altogether for a vegetarian quiche.
Other great options include jalapeno peppers, onions, and spinach, seriously, feel free to play around with different veggies and different cheeses too!
How Do You Make Quiche Without Crust?
This recipe is a breeze to make and packs in so much flavor! Mix things up with different add-ins like bacon instead of sausage and green onions and more!
- You’ll begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and lining a cupcake pan with liners.
- Next, you’ll add your diced peppers and sausage to a large skillet with a bit of butter and saute until heated through and peppers are soft.
- Then, you’ll whisk together the eggs, milk, pepper, and onion powder in a large bowl. Then you’ll stir in the cheese and prepared peppers and sausage.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure the quiche mixture into the liners, bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately. The quiche may be stored in the fridge for up to three days or frozen for up to 1 month.
How Do You Freeze Mini Quiche?
These delicious little brunch bites are actually really easy to freeze. I would personally recommend baking them fully and then freezing them. Once they’ve baked, allow them to cool on a cooling rack.
Once they’re no longer piping hot, arrange them in a single layer in an airtight container and place them in the freezer for up to one month.
To reheat, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and make for 8 to 10 minutes until the quiche is heated through.
More Breakfast Recipes:
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the diced pepper and sausage, cook until sausage is heated through and peppers are tender.
- While the sausage and peppers are cooking, whisk together eggs, milk, onion powder, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked sausage and peppers to the egg mixture along with the cheese and mix to combine.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure the egg mixture into the liners, there may be a little leftover, feel free to bake it up separately or discard.
- Bake the quiche for 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge or freezer.