Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies are a cool minty spin-off from the classic treat everyone loves, made with only 5 ingredients in just 10 minutes!
For more tasty variations on the well-loved sweet treat check out my Hot Chocolate Muddy Buddies and Dirt Cake Muddy Buddies as well!
These Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies are a delicious snack that’s great for sharing! Their melted Andes Mint coating is layered with instant chocolate pudding powder, making it finger-licking good!
If you love the classic muddy buddies peanut butter chocolate version, then you don’t want to miss out on these! They’re still that quick, easy-to-make, crowding-pleasing treat that everyone grabs for!
Yet the salty peanut butter flavor is exchanged for an irresistible cool, sweet mint taste!
All About These Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies
Taste: Chex cereal is coated in Andes Mints making the perfect foundation for the powdered instant chocolate pudding mix to coat it! Giving this snack its minty, chocolaty flavor!
Delicious minty candies such as Junior Mints and Mini York Peppermint Patties are then stirred in! Completing this cool, chocolaty minty treat!
Texture: The chocolate-coated cereal lends a crunchy texture with a powdery coating. Meanwhile, the candy mix-ins add a fun chewy, soft texture to pair with it!
Helpful Tips & Ideas When Making This Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Cereal – I prefer using Rice Chex cereal when making muddy buddy recipes. However, Corn Chex or even Chocolate Chex could be used!
- Melting Process – For this recipe we want the melted chocolate to be perfectly smooth! This way it coats the cereal thoroughly. For this step you can either use the microwave or double boiler, just be sure the chocolate doesn’t burn in the process!
- Minty Mix Ins – These Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies are made with junior mints, Andes mints, and Mini York Peppermint Patties. But feel free to add any of your favorite minty candies to this mix! Other ideas include mini mint chocolate chips, mint M&Ms, or chopped dark chocolate & mint swirl Dove chocolates!
- Dress It Up For The Holidays – Add some festive red and green sprinkles to these Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies for Christmas! Or mini green mint chocolate chips or green mint M&Ms for St Patrick’s Day!
- Package It For Gifting – Since this recipe yields 14 1/2 cup servings there’s plenty to share! To gift it place portions into cellophane bags and tie them off with your choice of ribbon!
The classic Chex Mix muddy buddies were love at first bite for me! That love also continued on into these TikTok-inspired Muddy Buddy Balls that are made with only 4 ingredients in 30 minutes!
My ideas for this sweet, crunchy mix couldn’t just stop there though! So instead, it paired with my love of Harry Potter to create Harry Potter Butterbeer Muddy Buddies!
Though if your taste buds prefer salty or savory over sweet then you’ll want to check out my Homemade Chex Mix!
How Do I Store These Muddy Buddies?
Place the Muddy Buddy mixture in an airtight container or Ziploc bags. Then store it at room temperature for up to one week.
Can I Make This Ahead Of Time?
Yes, definitely! I often make this mixture a day or two before a party or gathering. Just make sure to keep it stored in an airtight container or bag.
That way it doesn’t go stale before you and your guests can enjoy it!
How Can I Alter This Recipe So That It’s Not So Minty?
Replace the Andes mints with a 10oz. bag of milk or dark chocolate wafers. The mixture will still be plenty minty with the Junior Mints, Mini York Peppermint Patties, and Andes mints.
Doesn’t Chex Mix Make And Sell Muddy Buddies Already Made?
Yes, they do! However, to me, homemade versions like this mint chocolate muddy buddies always taste best! This is because you can add or take away ingredients to make it taste exactly the way you want!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 9.5 ounces Andes Mints plus extra for the mix if desired
- 2 (3.4oz.) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix unprepared
- 3.5 ounces Junior Mints
- 7.6 ounces Mini York Peppermint Patties
- Add the Chex to a large mixing bowl.5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- Add the Andes Mints to a medium bowl and microwave for 45 seconds, stir, then microwave for an additional 30 seconds. If the chocolate isn't fully melted after stirring the second time, microwave for another 15 seconds.9.5 ounces Andes Mints
- Add the melted chocolate mints to the bowl of cereal and gently stir with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on the powdered pudding mix and toss until coated.2 (3.4oz.) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- Add in the candy, including extra chopped up Andes Mints if desired, and toss to combine.3.5 ounces Junior Mints, 7.6 ounces Mini York Peppermint Patties
- A 10oz. bag of milk or dark chocolate wafers can be used if you’d prefer it less minty.
- Makes about 14 1/2 cup servings.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!