Dirt Cake Muddy Buddies are made with just 5 ingredients for an easy no-bake treat that’s ready in minutes! Plus I’m sharing my secret ingredient that makes them oh so good!
Match this sweet snack up with a savory one by also mixing up a batch of Homemade Chex Mix! Another easy-to-make recipe that preps in just 10 minutes too!
Dig into these Dirt Cake Muddy Buddies for a sweet, crunchy treat that kids will come running for! This quick dirt dessert even has chewy gummy worms, making it that much more fun for kids to munch on!
If you’re a fan of Muddy Buddies aka Puppy Chow then you’ll know this Dirt Cake variation won’t disappoint! For this recipe I swap the powdered sugar coating out for my secret ingredient; instant vanilla pudding mix!
This tasty spin-off of the classic recipe is worth making, even if you aren’t a kid! With just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes, you’ll have a sweet snack mix that’s perfect for birthday parties, summer gatherings, or just for a fun treat at home!
Mix up this quick and simple recipe by combining just 5 easy ingredients:
- Chex Cereal – My favorite to use is Rice Chex. However, you could also use Corn Chex or even Chocolate Chex cereal!
- Mini Oreos – Some of the mini Oreos will be coated with the cereal and the remaining will be mixed in as-is.
- Melting Wafers – I used dark chocolate but for a sweeter mix you could use milk chocolate!
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – The secret ingredient that makes this snack mix super delicious!
- Gummy Worms – A must-have for every edible dirt recipe!
How To Make Dirt Cake Muddy Buddies
- Combine the cereal with a portion of the mini Oreos.
- Melt the dark chocolate wafers in the microwave until smooth.
- Coat the Chex and mini Oreos with the melted chocolate, stirring until evenly coated. Afterward, sprinkle on the powdered pudding mix, tossing until coated.
- Add in the gummy worms and remaining mini Oreos.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store These Muddy Buddies?
Place them in an airtight container or tightly sealed Ziploc bag. Then store the mix at room temperature and enjoy it within 3 to 4 days.
Does This Dirt Cake Muddy Buddies Recipe Make A Large Batch?
It does! This recipe yields about 16 1/2 cup servings. Making it the perfect size to bring to parties or for your kids to eat up through the week!
Can I Use Dark Chocolate Chips Instead Of Wafers?
Yes, that would be just fine.
Your kids will be begging you to make these Dirt Cake Muddy Buddies over and over again! Here are more tasty Muddy Buddy recipes that they’ll devour just as quickly as these!
- Hot Chocolate Muddy Buddies – Made with marshmallow cream and hot cocoa mix!
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Muddy Buddies – The perfect snack for a Harry Potter movie marathon!
- Muddy Buddy Balls – Delicious Puppy Chow Truffles that are a TikTok-inspired recipe!
- Easy Muddy Buddies – The classic version of everyone’s favorite sweet and crunchy snack mix!
Dirt Cake Muddy BuddiesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Dirt Cake Muddy Buddies
- Add the Chex and 1 cup of mini Oreos to a large mixing bowl.5 cups Rice Chex cereal, 2 cups Mini Oreos
- Add the melted wafers to a medium bowl and microwave for 45 seconds, stir, then microwave for an additional 45 seconds. If the chocolate isn't fully melted after stirring the second time, microwave for another 15 seconds.10 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- Add the melted chocolate to the bowl of cereal and Oreos and gently stir with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on the powdered pudding mix and toss until coated.2 (3.4oz.) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- Add in the remaining Oreos and the gummy worms and enjoy.8 ounces gummy worms
- Milk chocolate wafers can be used if you’d prefer it sweeter.
- Makes about 16 1/2 cup servings.