This Mocha Poke Cake is rich, moist, chocolaty, and topped with a whipped coffee frosting.
For every family birthday, if the goods aren’t ordered from our favorite bakery, then they’re made by me. I like to personalize everyone’s cake or cupcakes to be something they’ll love. Last year I made my mom these Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cupcakes and I made my brother this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake, which everyone fought over. My dad is a huge chocolate and coffee guy and I wanted to make something that was easy and delicious! This Mocha Poke Cake was just the thing!
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1/3 cup Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix Powder dry
- 1 tbsp Coffee Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9 x 13 x 2 in baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl or stand mixer until fully combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Pour batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool in pan.
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes in the cake, and pour hot fudge or chocolate syrup evenly over the cake.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread frosting out over the top of the cake and drizzle with additional chocolate syrup.