This Bacon & Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is a creamy and delicious meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Somewhere in the chaos of the holidays, this AMAZING dish got lost in the mix! I’m a bit of a sucker for fettuccine alfredo, it’s just so comforting and delicious. We make it a lot and I finally photographed it for the blog back in September. Yeah, four months ago!!! Like I said, lost in the mix, but that doesn’t mean I think any less of it, quite the opposite actually!
This dish is one of my favorite dinner recipes and one of the few that I actually make on my own that doesn’t include baking or a slow cooker and actually uses more than one pot to make. Plus it’s so freakin’ delicious I’m a firm believer it should be on everyone’s weekly menu! I mean, bacon, broccoli, cheese, pasta… hello! What’s there to think about it, you know it’s going to be awesome!
I love how quickly it comes together too, less than 30 minutes until you’re scarfing down a bowl of fettucine that’s been tossed in an amazing cheese sauce with broccoi, crispy bacon, and fresh parsley.
- 8 oz. fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup pasta water from cooking process
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, draining and reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli to it and boil for 4 to 5 minutes, drain.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon pieces to a small plate covered in a paper towel.
- Add minced garlic to the bacon drippings and stir constantly for 1 minute, sprinkle in the flour and stir constantly for 1 more minute.
- Gradually add the half and half and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until bubbly and thick while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cheese, stirring until it melts, then add the reserved pasta water and salt.
- Add pasta and broccoli to the sauce, tossing to coat.
- Plate and sprinkle with bacon, parsley, and black pepper.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Share your thoughts!
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with me below and leave a review! And don’t forget to connect on your favorite social platform below!
Comments & Reviews
Hi Drew, I completely understand where you are coming from, I wish that I could afford to have an ad free site. But at this point in time, the ads support this blog and allow me to bring my readers recipes like this one. If you find the ads disruptive on the sites that you visit, you can always use an ad blocker, but remember that ads are what keep content FREE from food blogs to watching the Super Bowl 🙂
You need to fix your site up a little better. Way to many ads, I know you want money but better content and less ads go a long way. Love this recipe, by the way.