This Bacon & Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is a creamy and delicious meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Somewhere in the chaos of the holidays, this AMAZING dish got lost in the mix! I’m a bit of a sucker for fettuccine alfredo, it’s just so comforting and delicious. We make it a lot and I finally photographed it for the blog back in September. Yeah, four months ago!!! Like I said, lost in the mix, but that doesn’t mean I think any less of it, quite the opposite actually!
This dish is one of my favorite dinner recipes and one of the few that I actually make on my own that doesn’t include baking or a slow cooker and actually uses more than one pot to make. Plus it’s so freakin’ delicious I’m a firm believer it should be on everyone’s weekly menu! I mean, bacon, broccoli, cheese, pasta… hello! What’s there to think about it, you know it’s going to be awesome!
I love how quickly it comes together too, less than 30 minutes until you’re scarfing down a bowl of fettucine that’s been tossed in an amazing cheese sauce with broccoi, crispy bacon, and fresh parsley.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, draining and reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli to it and boil for 4 to 5 minutes, drain.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon pieces to a small plate covered in a paper towel.
- Add minced garlic to the bacon drippings and stir constantly for 1 minute, sprinkle in the flour and stir constantly for 1 more minute.
- Gradually add the half and half and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until bubbly and thick while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cheese, stirring until it melts, then add the reserved pasta water and salt.
- Add pasta and broccoli to the sauce, tossing to coat.
- Plate and sprinkle with bacon, parsley, and black pepper.
You might also enjoy: