These Butterbeer No Bake Cookies are a simple and easy cookie recipe that’s made with oatmeal, cream soda, pudding, sugar, and more! Harry Potter fans will love the mix of butterscotch, vanilla, and toffee flavors!
If you’re here it’s probably because either you or someone you love is a huge Harry Potter fan! And these Butterbeer No Bake Cookies are going to rock your taste buds!
Unlike my original Butterbeer Cookies, this recipe requires zero baking which is perfect for those hot summer days when you don’t want to heat up the house with the oven.
This recipe is easy to make and will have every Witch and Wizard you know begging for more!
Butterbeer has a pretty distinct flavor. It’s not quite butter or butterscotch and not quite caramel or vanilla, it’s a beautiful and delicious blend of them all!
Butterbeer No Bake Cookie Ingredients
This no-bake cookie recipe uses butterscotch pudding, butter flavor, and cream soda to help bring that butterbeer flavor to life!
Like most no-bake cookies, the base of the recipe is sugar, butter, and oatmeal. However, this recipe is nut free and uses a mix of powdered milk and pudding mix to hold them together.
Want to add a little crunch to your cookies? I highly recommend topping them with toffee bits. And Lightning Bolt Sprinkles for a true Harry Potter vibe!
This Butterbeer No Bake Cookie recipe is super easy to make! You’ll need a large saucepan, wax or parchment paper, and a mixing spoon. I also like to use a medium cookie scoop for evenly sized cookies.
How To Make Them
- Melt & Boil: The sugar, cream soda, and butter will need to melt and come to a rolling boil.
- Combine: After boiling, remove from heat and stir in the oatmeal, pudding mix, powdered milk, and butter flavoring.
- Drop: Place scoops of the cookie mixture out on parchment paper and allow to harden for at least one hour.
Expert Tip: Try to avoid making no-bake cookies when it’s really humid or raining as it makes it hard for them to fully set. If you can’t avoid the weather, then place your cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the refrigerator to help them set.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my no bake cookies so soft?
Do I have to use powdered milk?
What If I don’t have butterscotch pudding?
Do I use cook & serve pudding or instant?
Can you freeze no bake cookies?
Can you make them without cream soda?
More Butterbeer Recipes
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Cupcakes
- Butterbeer Pancakes
- Easy Butterbeer Muddy Buddies
- Butterbeer Poke Cake
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Butterbeer No Bake Cookies
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup cream soda
- ½ teaspoon butter flavoring
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups 1-minute oats
- ¼ cup powdered milk
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant butterscotch pudding unprepared
- toffee bits optional topping
- lightning bolt sprinkles optional topping
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and soda. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter flavoring, vanilla, oatmeal, powdered milk, and dry pudding mix until fully combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or your mixing spoon to drop the mixture onto parchment paper.
- Allow the cookies to sit for 1 hour to firm up. If it's raining or humid, place the cookies in the refrigerator.
- Try to avoid making no-bake cookies when it’s really humid or raining as it makes it hard for them to fully set. If you can’t avoid the weather, then place your cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the refrigerator to help them set.
- Powdered milk can be substituted for powdered coffee creamer.
- Make sure you use INSTANT pudding.
- If you do not have cream soda, milk can be used.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
Love these, easy to make! Did add some salt to cut down on the sweetness.