Figuring out how to get Parchment Paper In A Cake Pan can be a daunting task. Especially if you’re trying to line a round cake pan with parchment paper.
This step by step tutorial will walk you through how to line a cake pan with parchment paper so that you can get baking delicious cakes like this Chocolate Cookie Dough Cake!
Why You Should Line Cake Pans With Parchment Paper
Have you ever had a cake stick to the bottom of the pan even when you’ve greased and floured the pan? It’s annoying, right?
Well, when you line the bottom of your round cake pans with parchment paper, you pretty much eliminate any possibility of a cake sticking to the pan ever again!
But I remember the first time I used a recipe that called for a cake pan to be lined with parchment paper – and I spend a good 5 minutes trying to mold parchment paper into the pan but it just kept popping out.
So I googled it and figured out how to do it properly and now I want to share this trick with all of you!
How To Line A Round Cake Pan With Parchment Paper
This is such an easy thing to do when baking a cake and it will save you from worrying if you greased your pan enough! And it takes all of 2 minutes to do!
1. Begin by tearing a piece off parchment paper off the roll that is larger than the cake pan you need to line.
2. Then, fold the parchment in half.
3. Fold the parchment paper in half in the opposite direction to make a small square/rectangle. Then fold it into a triangle, making sure the completely folded corner is the point.
4. Fold the triangle into an even smaller triangle, making sure the edges meet.
5. Now hold the point of the triangle against the center of the cake pan and cut the overhanging paper off the triangle about 1/4-inch before the edge of the pan.
6. Unfold your parchment paper and place it inside the cake pan before baking. If you’re making a layer cake, repeat for each pan.
7. Spray your parchment lined cake pan with non-stick spray. I spray some under the parchment as well to help hold it in place when pouring in the batter.
Once your cake has baked, it should come out of the pan very easily and you can simply peel off and discard the parchment paper.
See how easy that was? And it’s way cheaper than buying round parchment paper, plus it ensures that you always have the size you need!
What other kitchen tips would you like me to share with all of you?
This Nutella Cake is a rich and indulgent dessert highlighting the delicious blend of chocolate and hazelnut! A moist chocolate cake coated in a decadent Nutella frosting and topped with Ferrero Rocher candy and chopped hazelnuts.Click For Recipe
Red Velvet Cake
Red Velvet Cake, aka President Snow’s White Rose Cake, is a red velvet cake frosted in cream cheese buttercream and inspired by The Hunger Games trilogy and perfect for Valentine’s Day too!Click For Recipe
Black Forest Cake
Decadent chocolate cake + boozy cherry filling + sweet whipped cream = a recipe for Black Forest Cake perfection! You’re gonna love this classic German dessert!Click For Recipe
Easy Football Cake
This Easy Football Cake is the perfect game day dessert! Use this simple step-by-step tutorial to make this recipe for your next football party!Click For Recipe
Peppermint Cocoa Cake Recipe
This Peppermint Cocoa Cake is rich, moist, and chocolaty with a whipped cream frosting that’s laced with peppermint!Click For Recipe
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake Recipe
This Chocolate Pumpkin Cake is the ultimate pumpkin and chocolate combo for fall! Five layers of sweet and fluffy pumpkin cake wrapped in a whipped chocolate buttercream frosting!Click For Recipe
Chocolate Guinness Cake
This Chocolate Guinness Cake is made with a rich and tender chocolate cake laced with smooth stout with a chocolate ganache filling and a decadent Irish Cream Frosting!Click For Recipe
Black Magic Chocolate Cake
This Black Magic Chocolate Cake is three layers of moist chocolate cake wrapped in The Best Chocolate Buttercream makes this one decadent dessert!Click For Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake is made with two layers of delicious chocolate cake, and two layers of edible cookie dough then topped with ganache, frosting, and mini chocolate chip cookies!Click For Recipe
Boozy Bourbon Caramel Spice Cake
Seasonal and comforting, this Bourbon Caramel Spice Cake is full of fall flavors, covered in a caramel bourbon cream cheese buttercream, and garnished with your favorite gingersnap cookies!Click For Recipe
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough Cake
This Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough Cake is an over the top cake made with two layers of white almond cake loaded with sprinkles and a layer of edible sugar cookie dough, then topped with classic vanilla buttercream!Click For Recipe
Triple Layer Boston Cream Pie Recipe
This Triple Layer Boston Cream Pie is a CLASSIC if there ever was one! A delicious rum infused cake, topped with vanilla bean pastry cream and homemade chocolate ganache! A rich and wonderful New England dessert!Click For Recipe
How To Line A Cake Pan With Parchment
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can ask questions and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
- Parchment Paper
- Cake Pan(s)
- Begin by tearing a piece off parchment paper off the roll that is larger than the cake pan you need to line.
- Fold the parchment paper in half.
- Fold the parchment paper in half in the opposite direction to make a small square/rectangle. Fold the parchment paper into a triangle, making sure the completely folded corner is the point.
- Fold the triangle into an even smaller triangle, making sure the edges meet.
- Now hold the point of the parchment paper against the center of the cake pan and cut the overhanging parchment paper off the triangle about 1/4-inch before the edge of the pan.
- Unfold your parchment paper and spray the cake pan before placing the parchment inside it before adding the cake batter.