This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #TasteTheSeason
When it comes to Thanksgiving, the dish I’m known for is my Sweet Potato Streusels. These baked sweet potatoes are served warm and loaded with brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, butter, and topped with mini Jet-Puffed and then toasted to perfection. Is your mouth watering yet? Just wait, it gets better. This year I’ve decided to kick my signature dish up a notch with Kraft Caramel Bits and Baker’s Shredded Coconut, yup, salivating to totally okay at this point! I’m really loving coconut it my fall desserts this year, did you catch my White Chocolate Coconut Sweet Potato Pie Bars this weekend? Ah-mazing! But anyways, you’re family and friends are going to love you when they plunge their forks through that toasted marshmallow crust into this side dish of sweet Thanksgiving goodness!
Speaking of friends, they’re not people we tend to see much on Thanksgiving. They’re a huge part of our lives and in most cases we would consider them family, they celebrate the big events with us like weddings and babies, and they’re there for us when the going gets rough too. Friends are something we should be just as thankful for around the holidays and that’s why in recent years Friendsgiving has become such a popular celebration. It’s the perfect opportunity to kick back and relax without the stresses that come with your family’s Turkey Day. You can probably wear jeans, no one will be asking you when you’re going to pop out a kid, and you can test out new recipes without fear of grandma’s disappointment. Seriously though, aren’t friends the best recipe test subjects!
If you need more inspiration for your Friendsgiving celebration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
[Tweet “Caramel Coconut Sweet Potato Streusel – on the blog! #Thanksgiving #TasteTheSeason #shop”]
These Caramel Coconut Sweet Potato Streusels are super easy to make and a must for your Friendsgiving menu. Everyone will love the gooey caramel bits and sweet coconut that have been stuffed inside with other bits of seasonal goodness! And the marshmallows, well they’re the best part! A couple minutes under the broiler and and they’re toasted to perfection. Oh, you know what would be good, some Baker’s White Chocolate and crushed up graham crackers stuffed into these babies and it’s like a Thanksgiving S’more!
- 12 Medium Sweet Potatoes washed and poked
- 1/2 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1/2 cup Baker's Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 3-4 cups Mini Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- After cleaning and poking holes in the sweet potatoes, place them in a casserole dish and make for 45-55 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and slice length wise.
- Combine caramel bits, coconut, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter in a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- Gently spread apart the sides of the potato just enough to spoon in the filling mixture, making sure to press it down in.
- Top with mini marshmallows, this can be a balancing act, so be gentle.
- Turn the broiler on low and place stuffed sweet potatoes back in the oven.
- You want to watch them and pull them out just as the marshmallows reach desired color, it took about two minutes for me to get the color in the photos.
- Do not leave unattended!
- Remove from oven and dive in!
Don’t forget to check out the Friendsgiving Pinterest Board for more recipe inspiration!
You can find all of the delicious components to this awesome Friendsgiving side dish right at Walmart!