This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteTheMiracle #CollectiveBias
This Easy Banana Bread is made with a secret ingredient and so easy to whip up!
Everyone has traditions around the holidays, no matter how big or small, or how old or new, they’re part of what brings a family together. My mother in law always makes a ton of quick breads for Christmas morning and my favorite is the banana bread. There’s just something about the fluffy sweet bread loaded up with walnuts and slathered in soft salty butter. It wouldn’t be Christmas without it!
I know I personally tend to go a bit overboard when it comes to baking, but I’m a food blogger and that’s my nature. But I’ve hit my creative threshold for the holiday season and though I still want to keep baking, my brain just doesn’t have the juice to work through and test a new recipe.
So this week I’ll be baking some of my tried and true recipes that my family LOVES. That includes my Bourbon & Toffee Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, my Cookie Butter Balls, and this Easy Banana Bread recipe from KRAFT. This banana bread is made with a secret ingredient which makes it SUPER moist and delicious! It’s MIRACLE WHIP! MIRACLE WHIP is a great go-to ingredient for the holidays, perfect for dips, cakes, and breads! Pick it up along with all of your other holiday baking ingredients at Walmart and you’re good to go!
- 1 egg
- ½ cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1-1/3 cups mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT egg, dressing and bananas in large bowl with whisk until blended. Mix remaining ingredients. Add to banana mixture; stir just until moistened.
- POUR into 9x5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min.; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!