This Edible Brownie Batter is an easy no-bake 3-ingredient recipe overflowing with rich, fudgy brownie delight that tastes just like you’re licking the real deal off the spatula!
Obsessed with safe-to-eat edible batters? Me too! This is why I’ve perfected three more recipes that you have to try! Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, Edible Sugar Cookie Dough, and Edible Cookie Dough Recipe!
This Edible Brownie Batter allows you to safely indulge in everyone’s favorite guilty baking pleasure, licking the spoon! Serve this up with a bowl of ice cream, dip pretzels or Oreos in it, or ya know… just eat it right off the spoon because we all know that’s exactly what we truly want to do!
Why I Love This Recipe!
- Safe To Eat! Since this recipe doesn’t use eggs and heat treats the brownie mix, it’s a batter that’s totally safe to eat!
- Quick! This edible dough is ready to be enjoyed in just 35 minutes, with only 5 minutes being prep time and 30 minutes for chilling!
- Easy Ingredients! Only three ingredients, one of which is your favorite boxed brownie mix! A sweet treat has never been so easy to make!
- Enough To Share! This dessert yields enough servings for twelve people, plenty for everyone to try! Be prepared though, once they eat it they’ll be begging for your recipe!
This edible brownie batter cookie dough recipe is perfect when you want something quick and sweet to make that uses very few ingredients! All you need to whip this up is:
- Box Brownie Mix – Choose your favorite boxed brownie mix!
- Butter – Melted down and added to the heat-treated brownie mix.
- Heavy Cream – Adds thickness to this edible brownie batter while it using its richness to enhance the chocolaty flavor!
- Add-Ins – Feel free to mix in fun add-ins once it’s cooled! Choose milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, nuts, M&M’s, crushed Oreos, or other candies you love!
How To Make Edible Brownie Batter
- Heat treat the brownie mix by microwaving it in four intervals, stirring in between. Doing so until the temperature reaches 165 degrees on an instant-read kitchen thermometer.
- Mix in the melted butter and heavy cream to the heat-treated brownie mix.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator to allow the batter to thicken.
- Stir in the chocolate chips before enjoying!
How To Store
Store this Edible Brownie Batter in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days. You can also freeze it for up to three months. To thaw it just place it on the counter until it reaches room temperature or the consistency you like!
How Else Can I Heat Treat The Brownie Mix?
You can also heat treat the mix by spreading it out on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper and placing it in the oven at 300 degrees F. Stir it every couple of minutes, removing it from the oven once the brownie mix reaches 165 degrees F.
Is This A Gluten-Free Recipe?
It certainly can be! Just choose a gluten-free brownie mix and make sure to grab gluten-free chocolate chips to mix in!
I love diving into this Edible Brownie Batter when I’m craving brownies just to simply lick the spatula! But sometimes I do like baked brownies too! Here are some more Brownie Recipes that are popular in our house that I think your family will love too!
- Classic Homemade Fudge Brownies – Chewy, fudgy brownies that are loaded with rich, deep chocolate flavor that everyone will love!
- Hazelnut Brownies – Made with four ingredients and ready in just 25 minutes for a quick sweet treat!
- Peanut Butter Slutty Brownies – Layers of Oreos, peanut butter cookies, and fudgy brownies make this dessert completely unforgettable!
- Twix Caramel Brownies – Cake-like chocolate brownies with Twix candy bars baked in, drizzled with caramel, and then topped with crushed candy!
- Mud Pie Brownies – Boxed brownies covered in chocolate syrup, marshmallow fluff, and chocolate chips and then broiled to toasty perfection!
Edible Brownie BatterPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Edible Brownie Batter
- 1 box brownie mix heat treated
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips optional
- To heat treat brownie mix, place mix in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for four 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the mix reads 165°F on an instant-read kitchen thermometer.
- Add the melted butter and heavy cream to the heat-treated brownie mix and mix until fully combined.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to help let the batter thicken.
- Mix in the chocolate chip before enjoying if desired.
- How To Store: Store this Edible Brownie Batter in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days. You can also freeze it for up to three months. To thaw it just place it on the counter until it reaches room temperature or the consistency you like!
- How Else Can I Heat Treat The Brownie Mix? You can also heat treat the mix by spreading it out on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper and placing it in the oven at 300 degrees F. Stir it every couple of minutes, removing it from the oven once the brownie mix reaches 165 degrees F.
- Can I Make This A Gluten-Free Recipe? It certainly can be! Just choose a gluten-free brownie mix and make sure to grab gluten-free chocolate chips to mix in!