This Lemon Butter Cake is a dense and delicious pound cake loaded with sugar, butter, and lemon for the ultimate summertime cake!
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I love cake. And while I tend to be drawn to indulgent layers like my Cookie Dough Chocolate Cake, I like when the warm weather comes around because it’s the perfect time to whip up some fresh and brightly flavored cakes like this Lemon Butter Cake!
Lemon Butter Cake
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERTS BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW SUGAR & SOUL ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Butter cakes are pretty much pound cakes with a bit of extra butter and sugar soaked into the cake after baking. And they are SO delicious! And worth every calorie. Just kidding, this cake doesn’t have calories ?
Lemon is such a bright flavor and one that I love, especially during spring and summer. So a couple of weeks ago I was feeling like some lemon cake, and this hit the spot.
Loaded with butter, sugar, and lemon, this cake packs all of the essentials of a good olé fashioned pound cake with a bit of zing! You can add a simple vanilla or lemon glaze to the top too or just dust it with powdered sugar for a pretty finish.
I promise everyone will love this cake, I highly recommend serving it with tea (hot or iced) and whipped cream with macerated berries, that will really kick things up a notch and give this simple cake a stunning finish.
Lemon Butter Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with shortening and then coat with flour, move flour around for an even coating and discard excess.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the salt to the sugar and butter mixture alternating with the lemonade concentrate and the sour cream. Add lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix until light and fluffy. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes clean from the center. Leave cake in pan and use a skewer to poke small holes throughout the cake.
- Add butter, sugar, lemonade concentrate, and vanilla to a small pot over medium heat. Stir continuously until butter has melted, do not let boil. Pour glaze over the cake in the pan and allow to set for at least one hour, preferably overnight. Then invert onto a serving dish for serving and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Lemon Ricotta Fritters from Bread Booze Bacon
Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake from White Lights on Wednesday
Lemon Sour Cream Sugar Cookies from I Heart Eating
Paleo Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking with Curls
Lemon Berry Napoleons from Home.Made.Interest.
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake from Celebrating Sweets
Candied Lemon Peel from The Two Bite Club
Lemon Poke Cake from Liz on Call
Lemon Chewies from It Bakes Me Happy
Share your thoughts!
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with me below and leave a review! And don’t forget to connect on your favorite social platform below!