These Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles are soft, puffy pillows of pumpkin cookies that are filled with pecans and rolled in sweet cinnamon sugar! Pull these cookies out of the oven after only 12 minutes of baking!
Get your pumpkin fix all season long by also trying this homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte or whipping up a batch of these Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles are a tasty seasonal spin-off from my well-loved Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe! You still get everything you love about the classic cookie but with added delicious pumpkin flavor and crunchy pecans!
And let’s face it, pumpkin makes everything better in the fall! So naturally, everyone will be happy when you show up with an armload of these cookies!
However, there will be some missing! I just can’t help but snag a few fresh cookies off the pan to dunk into my hot coffee. It’s an absolutely delightful combination that I cannot resist no matter how hard I try!
5 Reasons Why This Recipe Works!
- Quick And Easy! Simply mix the ingredients, fold in the pecans, and chill the dough! Then just bake and enjoy!
- Plenty To Go Around! This recipe delivers about 2 dozen cookies! That’s plenty to feed the office, your kids classroom, or family at the holiday gathering!
- Add-Ins! If pecans aren’t your thing then swap them out! Instead, try adding in white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, or even caramel chips!
- Soft & Puffy! I love how one simple ingredient causes these cookies to turn out perfectly soft and puffy!
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating! The sweet coating adds a wonderful texture and flavor dimension that really brings these cookies together!
You likely already have the majority of ingredients needed to make this Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles Recipe! The ingredients include basics like salted butter, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Light brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon are then added to pack in that warm fall flavor! Once the dough is made chopped pecans are then gently folded in to finish off the cookie dough.
When measuring the flour you’ll want to spoon the flour from the bag into the measuring cup. This way you avoid getting too much flour which will result in dry, crumbly cookies.
How To Make Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together and then set aside.
- Combine the cinnamon, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a seperate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the pecans. Then cover the bowl of dough tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix together the cinnamon sugar ingredients.
- Portion out the dough and roll into ball.
- Roll each cookie dough ball into the cinnamon sugar and then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the snickerdoodles until they begin to brown around the edges. Then remove them and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
Store the cooled pumpkin pecan cookies in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature. Enjoy them within 3 days!
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Yes, you certainly can! Just wrap them individually in wax paper and then place them in a Ziploc freezer bag. Eat them within 1 to 2 months!
Where Do I Find The Cream Of Tartar In The Grocery Store?
You’ll find it right in with the other baking spices in the baking aisle.
Do I Have To Chill The Dough Overnight?
I find these cookies turn out best when the dough is chilled overnight. However, if you’re short on time you can just chill it for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Either way, they’ll still turn out delicious!
Can I Leave The Ground Cinnamon Out Of This Recipe?
You can but I would recommend replacing it with pumpkin pie spice.
Do I Flatten The Cookie Dough Balls Out Before Baking Them?
If you’d like to you can, just add a bit more cinnamon sugar on top afterward if you choose to. However, if you’d like to have puffy cookies then do not flatten them!
As soon as the leaves begin to change colors we all get busy searching for seasonal recipes to enjoy like these Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies! Here’s a list of more pumpkin-flavored goodies to save you some time in your search!
- 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Moist, fluffy cookies that are ready in only 20 minutes!
- Best Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – A buttery graham cracker crust gets topped with a layer of creamy cheesecake and then a layer of silky pumpkin!
- Easy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – Serve up a batch of these easy-to-make muffins for a seasonal breakfast the whole family will happily devour!
- Pumpkin Cupcakes – Made with a doctored up cake mix then topped with a 3-ingredient whipped frosting before being dusted with pumpkin spice!
- The Perfect Pumpkin Pie – Homemade smooth and creamy pumpkin custard is baked into a flaky pie crust!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
This recipe was originally published in October 2017 and was updated in October 2021 with fresh photos and a retested recipe.
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans optional
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix using a silicone spatula until just combined. Fold in the pecans. Cover the dough plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight, or for at least 3 ½ hours. *See notes*
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix cinnamon sugar ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Portion out the dough into balls using a medium cookie scoop. Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar and place it on the baking sheet at least 1” apart. If you’d like puffy cookies, do not flatten. If you’d like flatter cookies, press down slightly and add a bit more cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake cookies until they begin to brown around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or wrap in wax paper and place in a freezer bag and freeze for 1 to 2 months.
- Cream of tartar helps the leavening agents work in this cookie recipe, the result is pillowy soft cookies. You can find the cream of tartar in the spice with the baking spices.
- Chilling the dough overnight is best whenever possible. Make the dough at least 3 ½ to 4 hours in advance for best results if you can’t chill overnight.
- When measuring the flour, scoop the flour with a spoon and place it into the measuring cup, level off the measuring cup with a knife. Scooping directly out of the bag of flour will compact the flour into the measuring cup, resulting in too much flour in the cookie dough. Scooping from the bag with a 1 cup measuring cup will add approximately ⅛ cup of extra flour to each cup scooped.
- These are perfectly delicious with nuts as well, feel free to omit the pecans.
- Try adding ½ cup of other mix-ins such as white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, or caramel chips.
- You can also substitute the cinnamon in the dough for pumpkin pie spice.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!