This post may contain affiliate links. Using these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you!
This Shrimp Alfredo is loaded with delicious shrimp, fresh veggies, and a creamy alfredo sauce that will have the whole family running to the table! Serve it up with the pasta of your choice!
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW SUGAR & SOUL ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Shrimp Alfredo is easy to whip up and the options for veggie combos are endless! I love recipes that use ingredients I have on hand. Or if I don’t, then I can easily substitute with something I do. I know Alfredo doesn’t really scream summertime but I love this dish because of the summer vegetables and shrimp.
I’m not an overly big seafood lover, but from time to time I enjoy some salmon or a crab cake. I love this dish because the addition of garden vegetables and pasta and the coat of creamy Alfredo sauce make this seafood dish not so seafood-y. And if you don’t want shrimp at all, you can easily swap it out for chicken.
When I am wanting an even lighter version, I blend together olive oil and garlic, then drizzle it over the pasta instead of the alfredo sauce. It’s a simple enough dish to whip up and it takes less than an hour to do so.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp , thawed, deveined, and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups summer squash , sliced
- 1 lb uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , halved
- parsley , for garnish
- This Shrimp Alfredo is loaded with delicious shrimp, fresh veggies, and a creamy alfredo sauce that will have the whole family running to the table! Serve it up with the pasta of your choice!
- Add remaining olive oil to the pan and add in the zucchini and summer squash and saute until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Start water for your pasta and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, In a large pan, combine butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream and whisk frequently over medium heat until butter and cheese have melted and mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add the seasonings to the sauce along with the Parmesan cheese and whisk to combine. Allow to simmer and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce and pasta are done, combine the pasta, shrimp, veggies, and sauce in a large pot or bowl and mix to evenly coat. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Share your thoughts!
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with me below and leave a review! And don’t forget to connect on your favorite social platform below!