Strawberries Romanoff is an elevated version of strawberries and cream! Chopped strawberries infused with vanilla are topped with a blend of whipped cream, sour cream, and brown sugar. You can even add flavored liqueur for a boozy kick!
A beautiful, easy dessert, this Strawberries Romanoff Recipe is ideal for dinner parties or date nights at home.
So, What Is Strawberries Romanoff?
This strawberries and cream dessert is kicked up a notch with warm flavors like brown sugar and vanilla. You can even switch up the flavors with different extracts, liqueurs, and spices!
Strawberry Romanoff Ingredients:
This light, no bake dessert comes together in no time using minimal ingredients! For this delicious recipe you’ll need:
- Cream – Heavy cream is whipped into soft peaks (not stiff peaks).
- Sour Cream – Adds tang, texture, and shape.
- Light Brown Sugar – Mixed in for warm, rich sweetness.
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries, rinsed, and chopped.
- Vanilla Extract – Scroll down for tasty substitution ideas!
- Granulated Sugar – Coats the chopped strawberries to add a layer of sweetness.
How To Make Strawberries Romanoff:
- Whisk the heavy cream in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks begin to form.
- Add the sour cream and brown sugar into the bowl to combine with the now whipped cream. Then refrigerate to chill.
- Stir the chopped strawberries together with the vanilla and sugar. Allow them to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Place the strawberries in a serving glass and then top with the cream. Enjoy!
How To Serve
When it comes to serving them you can really dress this dessert up or down! For a fancier appearance assemble the Strawberry Romanoff in martini or margarita glasses.
If you’re enjoying them at a backyard get together, serve them in mini mason jars for a laid-back yet put together look! No matter what you serve them in they’ll still be an absolutely delicious hit that everyone will love!
Can It Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes. Just keep the strawberries and cream separate, and chill. Assemble before serving.
Where Did Strawberries Romanoff Originate?
This recipe was created in the early 1900’s at the Carlton Hotel in London and was known as “Strawberries Americaine Style.”
In the 1950’s, it was popularized Romanoff’s restaurant in Beverly Hills, where it adopted its new name.
The cream in the original version included a mix of whipped cream and softened ice cream and the strawberries were infused with Grand Marnier.
How Long Will The Cream Mixture Last?
I’d recommend storing it in the refrigerator and using it within 3 days.
Substitutions & Variations:
- Strawberry Infusion – Try replacing the vanilla with a tablespoon of:
- Orange Flavored Liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
- Orange Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Almond Extract
- Spiced whipped cream – You can also flavor the whipped cream with sweet spices like cinnamon and/or cloves.
- Vanilla ice cream – Another variation is to replace the sour cream with softened vanilla ice cream, similar to the original recipe.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp – A berry-filled take on a classic.
- Strawberry Coffee Cake – This popular recipe has a punch of bright, juicy flavor.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Made with only 4 ingredients!
- Strawberry Scones – Enjoy these berry-studded scones for breakfast or any time of day.
- Strawberry Sauce Topping – Pour it on pancakes, waffles, French toast, ice cream … or anything!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
- In a medium bowl, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form.
- Whisk the sour cream and brown sugar into the now whipped cream and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Add chopped strawberries to a medium bowl with the vanilla and sugar and stir to coat. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries to you serving glasses and top with the cream and enjoy immediately.