This Air Fryer Banana Bread is made using freshly mashed bananas and then air fried for an incredibly moist inside and light, crisp outside!
Air Fryer Banana Bread is an easy, fun way to make up a smaller-sized loaf for a tasty treat! No worries, your home will still be overflowing with the same great smell of fresh banana bread cooking!
Bread like this is perfect to enjoy for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even as a dessert! No matter when I serve it, it somehow always turns into an unannounced race to see who in our family can put away the most slices!
Why I Love This Recipe!
- Crispy! Cooking this Banana Bread in an air fryer gives it a light, crisp shell that I just love!
- Homemade! Using freshly mashed bananas gives this bread a great flavor that you just can’t get from a box mix!
- Smaller Batch! Making a smaller batch is perfect for when I want to just enjoy a couple of slices with a cup of tea!
- Cook Time! Bigger loafs take longer to bake, this Air Fryer Banana Bread is cooked in just 35 minutes!
This Banana Bread recipe calls for mostly pantry staple ingredients making it even easier to make! To whip up a pan of this bread you will need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Baking Soda
- Mashed Bananas
- Large Eggs
- Light Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
To make your Air Fryer Banana Bread even more delicious you can add in chocolate chips or walnuts to the batter!
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Prepare by preheating the air fryer and lining a round cake pan with parchment paper. If lining a round baking pan is something you haven’t done before, no worries, I’ve got you covered! I’ve laid out super detailed instructions on how to easily Line A Round Pan With Parchment Paper!
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- Mix together the mashed banana, beaten eggs, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Then stir the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place it into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Then allow the bread to cool in the pan before slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store Leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
Can I Cook This Banana Bread In A Loaf Pan?
You definitely can! It may alter the cooking time depending on the size of the loaf pan. When a toothpick stuck into the center of the loaf comes out clean your bread is done!
Can I Freeze This Air Fryer Banana Bread?
Yes, just double wrap the bread in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag. Squeeze out any excess air and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Quick Breads are great to have on hand for snacking, bringing to potlucks, or even as a dessert! Try another bread recipe that I think you’ll love just as much as this one!
- Applesauce Bread – Laced with warm spices, brown sugar, and chopped pecans!
- Easy Cranberry Banana Bread Recipe – An incredibly moist and tender bread that’s filled with tart cranberries!
- Best Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe – Overflowing with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves to make an incredible snack!
- Zucchini Bread – This delicious quick bread has tender zucchini, walnuts, and cinnamon that combine for the best flavor!
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream Bread – Uses only 5 simple ingredients for a delicious dessert!
Air Fryer Banana BreadPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Preheat the air fryer to 310°F and line a 6-inch round cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, beaten eggs, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and top with walnuts.
- Cook at 310°F for 15 minutes, rotate the pan 180°, then cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for an hour before slicing.
- Up to an additional 1/4 cup of walnuts can be folded into the batter.
- You can add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter.
- I like to let my banana bread sit covered overnight for the best flavor and texture.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- To Freeze, double wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag and squeeze out any excess air and freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw at room temperature.