Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a wholesome, comforting side dish made with broccoli florets, creamy soups, cheddar cheese, and herb stuffing. Takes just 15 minutes to prep before heading to the oven to bake!
You’ll have the family running to the table when you serve this side dish with Maple Glazed Ham and soft Yeast Rolls!
This Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a crowd-pleasing side dish that will complement any meal! If you’re planning on a party or potluck, this delicious casserole recipe is a great way to add some “green” to the table.
It goes without saying that you can whip up this scrumptious side dish for other occasions, too! Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, or your family’s big Sunday get-together — there’s no wrong time to enjoy this dish.
All About This Recipe For Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Taste: This side dish is overflowing with the tastes of comfort! The mouthwatering mixture of cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken coup, cheddar cheese, herb stuffing, and seasonings make you forget you’re even eating broccoli!
Texture: The texture of this casserole may be one of its best features! Once cooked, it becomes crunchy on top with an ooey gooey, cheesy melty middle!
This is truly the best broccoli cheese casserole that everyone will love for its taste, texture, and endless comfort!
Adding In Soup!
Adding cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup into this recipe was an obvious choice. First, the soups bring this dish to a level of comfort food that we all aim to deliver!
Second, it’s the creamy foundation of this recipe that the other ingredients add to, building it up. For even more comfort and flavor, you can even make your own Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup!
It’s super easy to do in under 15 minutes using chicken broth, whole milk, and pantry staple ingredients. Once you make the homemade version you’ll never go back to canned!
If you don’t have canned on hand or the ingredients for homemade, you can also use a can of broccoli cheddar soup!
Kitchen Tips & Tricks When Making This Side Dish
- Prepare The Baking Dish – Use nonstick spray to grease the large casserole dish. That way none of this delicious casserole sticks to the side, allowing you to enjoy every last scoop!
- Sautéing – Be sure to sauté the diced onions and celery in butter before adding them to the other ingredients. You want to cook them until they’re tender yet still crunchy, just don’t let them get mushy!
- Broccoli – I used a 16oz bag of frozen broccoli florets. But you can also steam fresh broccoli until it’s fork-tender to use in this recipe.
- Stuffing – My favorite brand of stuffing to use in this casserole is Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing Mix. Feel free to use your favorite instead though!
- Make It Crunchy -For a crunchier top, uncover the casserole for the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking!
When you need a hearty and comforting side dish, this Broccoli Cheese Casserole fits the bill! Since it re-heats and travels well, be sure to bring it with you to your next family get-together — it’ll be a hit!
Casseroles like this one are my go-to when I want a comforting side dish! For another cheesy option check out my Cheesy Corn Casserole, preps in just 5 minutes using 6 ingredients!
Choose another delicious side to share like this 20-minute Carrot Casserole or crispy, crunchy Easy Roasted Duck Fat Potatoes!
How Do I Store Leftover Broccoli Cheese Casserole?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat them up within 4 days!
What Size Baking Dish Is Best For This Recipe?
This recipe best fits a large baking dish such as a 9×13 pan.
Is There Another Topping I could Use For This Broccoli Cheese Casserole?
Yes, you could make this broccoli cheese casserole with ritz crackers. To do so, crumble the ritz up and sprinkle them on top of the casserole!
How Many Servings Does This Casserole Provide?
This really depends on the size of your servings! However, when I make this dish, I can comfortably serve 10 people with it.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 2 medium yellow onions diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup or broccoli cheddar soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a large casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté diced onions and celery in the butter until tender – still crunchy not mushy.2 medium yellow onions, 3 celery stalks, 2 tablespoons salted butter
- While the onions and celery are cooking, boil the broccoli until fork-tender and drain.1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
- Once the onion mixture is cooked, add half of the celery and onion mixture and the soups to the cooked and drained broccoli. Mix over low heat until heated through.1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup, 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup or broccoli cheddar soup
- Stir in the cheese and transfer to a large casserole dish.2 cups shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- Mix remaining celery and onion mixture, stuffing, and chicken stock to make the topping. Spread over the top of the broccoli mixture.1 cup chicken stock, 2 cups Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing Mix
- Cover and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. The casserole should be bubbling when done. If you want the top a bit crunchy take the cover off for the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!