This creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is a flavorful dinner recipe that’s great for busy weeknights! Easy to make and oh so tasty, this chicken dinner is a definite keeper!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Easy pasta dishes are one of my go-to recipes during the week. They come together quickly and you can make them in with practically every flavor combination under the sun. My all-time favorite is this Easy Shrimp Alfredo, but today I’m spicing things up with this Cajun Chicken Pasta. This pasta recipe has a creamy sauce with a kick, lots of bell peppers, and a spicy Cajun-rubbed chicken for a killer meal you’ll want to make again and again.
Lately, I’ve been on a spicy food kick…especially when paired with delicious sauces. It doesn’t matter if I’m dipping Grilled Cajun Chicken Wings into roasted red pepper sauce or digging into a bowl of cajun spiced chicken with a creamy pasta, my taste buds do a happy dance! I’m kind of a wimp about spicy food, but the dairy in this pasta sauce helps balance things out.
What I love about this pasta is that there’s a little spice in everything. The flavors build from the start of the recipe and get into everything. The browned chicken bits and cajun seasoning help flavor the veggies, and the veggies help flavor the cream sauce. I can’t get over how good this pasta is and I know you’ll feel the same after your first bite.
What Spices are in Cajun Seasoning?
Generally, you’ll find cayenne, paprika, salt, black pepper, white pepper, garlic, and onion in cajun seasoning. Sometimes oregano or thyme and red pepper flakes are added.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes:
- Bacon and Broccoli Alfredo
- Shrimp and Kale Pasta
- Pizza Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
Things You’ll Need for this Cajun Chicken Pasta:
- Cajun Seasoning: I prefer the Slap Ya Mama blend, it has so much flavor and it’s a great price.
- Large Pot: I always prefer to cook pasta in a large pot and I really love the Simply Calphalon line.
- Skillet: I love using this skillet or the skillet in the set mentioned above.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning store-bought or homemade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 red bell pepper julianned
- 1/2 green bell pepper julianned
- 1/2 sweet onion cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season liberally with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning ingredients. Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces, which each piece about the same size and thickness. Season the chicken on both sides with the Cajun seasoning. Place chicken in the hot pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
- To the same skillet add the remaining olive oil, bell peppers, and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the veggies have softened and the onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute. Pour the milk into the skillet and stir to combine the flour and milk. Add the cream and hot sauce; stir again. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and thickened, stirring often. Season liberally with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta in sauce. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Slice the chicken breasts and place on top of the pasta. Garnish with lots of parsley. Serve immediately.
Pin this Cajun Chicken Pasta for Later!