Chai Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting are filled with cozy, warm spices such as cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and cardamom, all crave-worthy fall flavors! A great treat to unwind with at the end of any busy day!
You may also love these buttery spiced Easy Vanilla Chai Shortbread Cookies that are made with pantry staple ingredients in under 30 minutes!
Chai Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting are the decadent fall treat that you didn’t know you were missing! The combination of nostalgic spices and my favorite spicy tea make for a mouthwatering dessert everyone should take a bite of!
And it should come as no surprise that the perfect complement to these cupcakes is a soothing chai latte! I prefer these to coffee in the afternoons because they have less caffeine.
About 35-55 mg of caffeine per serving as opposed to 100-150 mg in coffee. Giving me a refreshing energy boost without feeling jittery or unable to sleep at night.
All About These Spiced Chai Latte Cupcakes
Taste: These cupcakes get their spiced chai tea flavor from Chai Tea Latte Concentrate! It’s smooth and fragrant blend of black tea, honey, and vanilla pair with spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger.
Making for an unforgettable chai cupcake that’s topped with a smooth, cozy vanilla frosting. Making for a treat that’s big on delicious flavor!
Texture: Every cupcake has an irresistible texture that’s perfectly moist and tender! This is because they’re made with cake flour instead of all-purpose.
An easy kitchen swap that yields bakery level treats with very little effort!
The Importance Of Cake Flour In This Recipe
In comparison to all-purpose flour, cake flour has a lower protein content with less gluten. Allowing for baked goods like these cupcakes to have a deliciously tender crumb!
Because of this simple ingredient you’ll enjoy these cupcakes a lot more!
However, if you don’t have cake flour on hand you can easily make a Cake Flour Substitute right at home! All you need is all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and 5 minutes.
Recipe Tips To Consider When Making These Chai Cupcakes
- Chai Tea Latte Concentrate – For this recipe, use a concentrate like Tazo or Oregon Chai brand. They’re commonly found in cartons in the tea aisle at your local grocery store.
- Correctly Measuring Flour – Measuring flour correctly prevents getting too much flour into your recipe. Too much and your baked goods turn out crumbly and dry. Just the right amount yields wonderfully moist, tender baked goods! Correctly measuring flour takes just 2 minutes with a choice between two simple methods.
- Whisk Dry Ingredients Together – Don’t skip over whisking the dry ingredients together separately! Doing so ensures that the flavor gets evenly dispersed into the cupcake batter without overmixing.
- Portioning The Batter – I found that 1/4 cup of batter in each cupcake liner yielded the perfect sized cupcakes. Any more than that and the cupcakes baked over in the muffin tin or were too large.
- Checking For Doneness – Cupcakes have finished baking when the tops are a beautiful golden brown. To double check them you can insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center of one. If it comes out clean, they’re done!
I love a rich classic chocolate cupcake and cozy vanilla cupcake as much as the next person! But I also enjoy making cupcake recipes with fun flavors like these Chai Cupcakes as well!
Both of my Coffee Maple Bacon Cupcakes and Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are fun flavors everyone always enjoys as well!
How Do I Store Chai Cupcakes?
These chai cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature. The cupcakes are then good to enjoy for up to 3 days.
Can Whole Milk Be Replace In This Recipe?
Yes, whole milk can be replaced in this chai latte cupcakes recipe. In its place, you can use whatever percentage of milk you have on hand or a milk replacement that you prefer.
Instead Of Chai Cupcakes Could I Make A Chai Cake?
Of course! Instead of making two dozen cupcakes you can make a cake. I’d recommend using either a 9-inch round cake pan, an 11×7 rectangle, or even a 10-inch Bundt pan.
Why Do The Ingredients For These Chai Cupcakes Need To Be Room Temperature?
The ingredients such as milk, eggs, and chai tea concentrate are best for this recipe when they’re at room temperature. This is because it allows the batter to incorporate and blend much better that creates a batter emulsion that traps air.
The trapped air then yields soft, tender cupcakes!
- ½ cup Chai Tea Latte Concentrate room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk room temperature
- 6 large egg whites room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup cake flour
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Combine the Chai Tea Latte Concentrate, milk, egg whites, and extracts in a small bowl and whisk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the mixture resembles moist crumbs, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add half of the milk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed for 90 seconds, scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add the remaining milk and egg mixture and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to each cupcake liner. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 18 to 22 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick or cake tester comes clean from the center of the cupcakes. Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Use a concentrate like Tazo or Oregon Chai brand found in cartons in the tea aisle.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!