This Chai Cupcakes Recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Oregon Chai®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chai Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting are laced with the rich and warm spices you crave in the fall. This treat is the perfect pick-me-up for when you need to stop for a breather during this busy season!
Chai Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting are the decadent fall treat that you didn’t know you were missing!
We’re just getting into fall, but between work, family, and the upcoming holidays, my crazy schedule is already picking up momentum.
It may seem counterintuitive, but when my calendar is jam-packed, I find it especially important to carve out some “me time.” Now is the time to start that self-care routine, and to continue it as the fall and winter festivities begin!
For me, this can mean relaxing in a luxurious bath, reading a good book, or simply taking 15 minutes in the afternoon to slow down, indulge in a pick-me-up, and just breathe.
Now that autumn is in the air, when I need a break in the middle of a hectic workday, I treat myself to a Chai Cupcake with Vanilla Frosting and sip on a soothing chai tea latte.
Like apples or pumpkin spice, warm and spicy chai is one of my favorite flavors to enjoy this time of year. You may have heard of Oregon Chai® or seen the cartons at Target, and if you haven’t tried it yet, let me be the first to say, it’s about time!
Also, it’s the secret ingredient in my scrumptious Chai Cupcakes.
The Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate is a smooth and fragrant blend of black tea, honey, vanilla, and chai spices like cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. These wholesome ingredients are all natural, organic, and Non-GMO Project verified, to boot.
I feel good about supporting the Oregon Chai brand because of their emphasis on helping the environment and the community.
This company strives to lessen their carbon footprint and promote sustainability, plus they contribute to care packages that give our troops and veterans a taste of home.
Oregon Chai products are available right at Target in the tea and coffee aisle and can be used for so much more than making lattes. Mix up some recipes for hot or chai-infused treats like my Chai Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting!
Now that fall is here, I’ve been in the mood for nostalgic spices, so I created these cupcakes with my favorite spicy tea in mind. Topped with a swirl of smooth vanilla frosting, they’re totally irresistible and can help turn around a stressful day.
When I’m feeling that afternoon slump or I’m overwhelmed with my workload, there’s no better way to regroup than to sit and enjoy this tasty snack.
Spending a little time away from my obligations helps me gain some perspective in the midst of a crazy day… and it’s only going to get crazier as we near the holidays!
And it should come as no surprise that the perfect complement to these cupcakes is a soothing chai latte!
I prefer these to coffee in the afternoons because they have less caffeine (35-55 mg of caffeine per serving as opposed to 100-150 mg in coffee), so I can get a refreshing energy boost without feeling jittery or unable to sleep at night.
So now that you’re ready to fill your fall days with cozy chai spices in your drinks and baked goods, I have some good news to share: now through November 10th, 2018, you can save on Oregon Chai through Cartwheel in the Target App!
Take advantage of this promotion and stock up on Oregon Chai products to enjoy the warm taste of vanilla and spices from now through the holiday season!
Share your indulgent treats with loved ones, or save them for those moments when you just need some time to yourself.
Pin these Chai Cupcakes for Later!
- 1/2 cup Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Combine the Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate, milk, egg whites, and extracts in a small bowl and whisk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the mixture resembles moist crumbs, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add half of the milk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed for 90 seconds, scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add the remaining milk and egg mixture and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to each cupcake liner. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 18-22 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick or cake tester comes clean from center of cakes. Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.