Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies are a soft and chewy treat that’s made with refrigerated cookie dough and Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses! An easy-to-make sweet treat that’s ready in under 35 minutes!
Chocolate and peppermint are one of my favorite wintertime holiday flavor combinations! So I also like making up a batch of Peppermint Hot Chocolate or some Easy Peppermint Oreo Balls when the craving for a sweet minty treat hits me!
Each tender, chewy bite of these Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies delivers a rich chocolaty taste with a flare of sweet mint! Enjoy these while snuggling up to a Christmas movie, on a snowy day with the kids, or add them into your cookie tins!
You’ll love how quick and easy it is to make the 3 ingredient cookie dough before rolling them around in granulated sugar. Afterward, simply bake the cookies and then press in a Hershey kiss!
After minimal time and effort, you’re left with delicious cookies that are worth making over and over again!
Why I Love This Recipe!
Festive! The Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses add an easy touch of holiday cheer with their red and white swirl!
Easy To Make! These Chocolate Peppermint Cookies come together in no time with minimal effort! Making them a great choice for a last-minute treat or contribution to holiday gatherings!
Great For Parties! This recipe whips up two dozen cookies! Enough to feed your kids and all their friends or any large crowd at those Christmas Parties!
Make Them For Any Holiday! Though these are great through the winter holidays you can easily make them year-round! Simply swap out the Hershey’s kiss for a seasonal one around Valentine’s Day, Easter, or any other occasion!
This Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookie Recipe combines a few storebought ingredients with a couple of pantry staples! Making it easy to throw a batch in the oven whenever the craving hits or an occasion calls for a sweet minty treat!
To make these cookies you’ll need:
- Refrigerated Cookie Dough – Grab your favorite package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough!
- Cream Cheese – This will need to be left at room temperature to soften a bit before making the cookie dough.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – To add that delicious chocolaty flavor to these Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies.
- Granulated Sugar – Each cookie dough ball will get rolled in granulated sugar. While this is totally optional it does add an extra touch of sweetness and slight crunch to the cookies.
- Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses – This recipe makes two dozen cookies so you’ll want to make sure you have 24 kisses to complete all the cookies!
How To Make Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms
Beat the cookie dough with cream cheese and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
Portion out the dough and roll it into balls using your hands then roll each cookie dough ball in granulated sugar. Afterward, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake the cookies until the edges are set then remove them from the oven. Press an unwrapped kiss into the center of each cookie.
Swirl the warm peppermint kisses with a toothpick, if desired. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s The Best Way To Store These Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies?
I recommend placing the cookies in an airtight container and storing them at room temperature. I find that they taste best when eaten within the first two days.
After that, they start to become crumbly and chewy. However, they’re still super delicious!
Can I Roll The Cookie Dough Balls In Sprinkles Instead Of Granulated Sugar?
Of course! Using red and green sprinkles would make for a nice festive touch on these cookies. When it comes to choosing what sprinkles to use I’d recommend using nonpareils.
What Other Seasonal Hershey Kisses Could I Use For This Recipe?
You could try making these cookies with Hot Cocoa Kisses, Caramel Kisses, or even Sugar Cookie Kisses.
I love that these Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies come out of the oven in no time! Here are more quick and tasty cookies recipes that are ready in 35 minutes or less!
- No Bake Cookies – Oat-based cookies that are filled with creamy peanut butter and sweet chocolate!
- Chocolate Mint Cookies With Andes Mints – Made with refrigerated cookie dough and three other easy ingredients!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – Chewy, delicious cookies that get rolled in granualted sugar before being baked!
- Old Fashioned Molasses Cookie – Soft, pillowy cookies made with thick molasses, spices, and sugar!
- Circus Animal Sugar Cookies – Combines circus animal cookies, white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and refrigerated cookie dough!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the cookie dough, cream cheese, and cocoa powder until fully combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the dough and lightly roll it into balls with your hands.
- Roll the dough balls in granulated sugar and place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are set.
- Remove from the oven and gently press an unwrapped kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Let the candies soften for about 2 minutes and use a toothpick to swirl the candy or leave as is and allow them to cool.
- Can I Roll The Cookie Dough Balls In Sprinkles Instead Of Granulated Sugar? Of course! Using red and green sprinkles would make for a nice festive touch on these cookies. When it comes to choosing what sprinkles to use I’d recommend using nonpareils.
- What Other Seasonal Hershey Kisses Could I Use For This Recipe? You could try making these cookies with Hot Cocoa Kisses, Caramel Kisses, or even Sugar Cookie Kisses.