These Chocolate Mint Cookies With Andes Mints have a perfectly melted minty center that’s wrapped in refrigerated cookie dough!
Even if mint flavored desserts aren’t your normal go-to indulgence, it’s that time of year that the popular Thin Mint cookies are surfacing! As a result, I feel like its only normal to start craving something minty!
These Andes Mint cookies successfully deliver everything you love about a mint treat starting with just a quick trip to the grocery store!
5 Reasons I love This Recipe!
- Easy! This cookie recipe doesn’t get any easier since it’s made using just 4 ingredients!
- Minty! These Andes Mint cookies are packed with minty goodness using just a single mint!
- Variations! If you wanted to really kick the mint flavor up a notch scroll down to the variations section below! I came up with a few that I think you’ll really love!
- Quick! Since the base of these cookies are store bought refrigerated cookie dough there isn’t a lot of mixing involved! Plus, they’re ready in just under 30 minutes!
- Inexpensive! You likely have two of the ingredients tucked in your pantry which means all you need is the refrigerated dough and Andes mints!
These minty cookies call for a package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, unsweetened cocoa powder, Andes Mints, and granulated sugar. If your grocery store has double chocolate cookie dough you can use that and just skip adding the cocoa powder!
I love the convivence of using refrigerated cookie dough for this recipe! It’s perfect for the times you really want cookies but the last thing you want to do is drag out all of the ingredients and measuring cups to make them!
However, if you prefer homemade cookies my Double Chocolate Chip Cookies wrapped around these Andes Mints would be super tasty too!
How To Make Andes Mint Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Then, mix together the cookie dough and cocoa powder in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Portion out the dough with a medium cookie scoop and press it into a flat circle. Then add an Andes mint to the center of each circle and then wrap the dough around it, pinching to seal.
- Roll each cookie into a ball using your hands then roll them in sugar before placing them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies and then allow them to cool on the pan for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Delicious Variations To Try!
Add more minty goodness to your cookies by trying out one of these variations!
- When mixing the refrigerated cookie dough with the cocoa powder add in a drop or two of mint extract or peppermint extract!
- Add in some Andes mint baking chips or mint chocolate chips to the refrigerated cookie dough!
- Place an Andes mint on top of the cookies just as they’re about to come out of the oven. Once its melted, swirl it all over the top of the cookies!
- Melt the mints in the microwave at 30-seconds intervals and dip the baked and cooled cookies in them like I do with my Peppermint Brownie Cookies.
Can I Reheat These Cookies?
Yes! If the cookies cool completely, the chocolate in the center will solidify. If you prefer that soft melty center, just pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds to warm them up to the perfect meltiness for enjoying!
What Other Refrigerated Cookie Dough Can I Use?
You can try using white chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, or a double chocolate cookie dough!
How To Store
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days!
How To Freeze
You can freeze the rolled cookie dough without the sugar coating for up to 3 months. Just flash freeze them on a baking sheet for 30 minutes then transfer them to freezer bags an squeeze out any excess air. When you pull the cookies out of the freezer to make them just roll them in sugar before baking!
These Chocolate Mint Cookies With Andes Mints have easily made their way onto our list of favorite cookies! Here are some more Cookie recipes to try when looking for a tasty treat to make for your family!
- Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies – Thick molasses combines with spices and sugar for a delicious dairy-free dessert!
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies – Big, thick, and chewy cookies loaded with milk and chocolate chips!
- Oreo Pudding Cookies – A soft and tasty treat that’s ready in under 25 minutes!
- Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies – These are perfectly crisp and buttery made with just 5 simple ingredients!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – An easy go-to recipe that require no chill time and are ready in just 30 minutes!
Mint Chocolate Cookies
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Andes Mint Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the cookie dough and cocoa powder to a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until fully combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the dough and press it into a flat circle with your fingers.
- Add an Andes mint to the center and wrap the dough around it, pinching to seal.
- Roll in your palms to smooth the shape into a ball, then roll in sugar and place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- These cookies are best enjoyed warm when the center is melty.
- You can pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds to reheat.
- A double chocolate cookie dough can be used if available at your store.
- If you don’t have a medium cookie scoop, use 2 tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie.