Peanut Butter Milkshake (Freak Shake) combines 6-ingredients to deliver the ultimate peanut butter shake that’s overflowing with toppings! Ready to enjoy in just 5 minutes!
Sip on this Peanut Butter Milkshake (Freak Shake) for a creamy, nutty, and sweet ice-cold treat! Then when the brain freeze hits just move on to eating those delicious toppings that are piled sky-high on top!
What’s a Freak Shake?
Freak Shakes are delicious milkshakes that are covered in unusual toppings for an over-the-top, impressive-looking dessert! Toppings start with syrups, whipped cream, and sprinkles but then go as far as donuts, slices of cake, cookies, and even cupcakes!
Basically, if you can dream up the toppings, you can add them on top!
Serve these freakshakes to your kids and watch their faces light up at just the sight of them! Or have a bunch of friends over, set up a toppings bar, and then watch what tasty creations everyone comes up with!
Either way, just quickly blend up the easy ingredients, pour the milkshake into a glass, and then load it up with any (and all!) toppings that your heart desires!
The ingredients for this Peanut Butter Freak Shake Recipe aren’t anything out of the ordinary, unlike the toppings! Whip up a couple of shakes by grabbing:
- Ice cream – Vanilla ice cream, peanut butter for a super peanut buttery shake, or chocolate for the perfect chocolate peanut butter milkshake! Choose your favorite!
- Whole Milk – Makes for a thicker, creamier shake. Feel free to try using your choice of milk!
- Peanut Butter – I used creamy peanut butter.
- Chocolate Syrup – Compliments that delicious salty peanut butter flavor!
- Vanilla Extract – This enhances the flavor while smoothing it all together!
Now for those Freak Shake toppings!
- Chocolate Syrup Drizzle
- Whipped Cream
- Chopped Peanuts
- Chocolate-covered Peanuts
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Nutter Butters
- Mini Chocolate Chips or Peanut Butter Chips
- Salted Caramel Sauce Drizzle
Don’t just stop at this list though! Really have fun with this recipe by browsing the candy and snack aisle for more exciting topping ideas, maybe even hit up your local bakery!
How To Make Peanut Butter Shake
- Frost the rim of a cup or mason jar with chocolate frosting and decorate with sprinkles, candies, or peanut butter cups.
- Drizzle the inside rim with chocolate syrup.
- Add milk, ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into the cup and garnish. Enjoy with a wide straw!
This milkshake is best stored in the freezer (for up to a month). Then allow it to thaw slightly on the counter and stir when able, or you may need to re-blend it.
Do I need to change anything if I use chocolate ice cream?
It depends on how chocolatey you’d like your shake to be. You are welcome to leave out or decrease the chocolate syrup.
Should I use smooth or chunky peanut butter?
I used smooth, but I imagine that crunchy would work as well but may lead to a less desirable and harder to sip texture.
These Peanut Butter Milkshakes are a foolproof way to impress all peanut butter lovers everywhere! Check out more of my sweet and delicious peanut butter desserts to try!
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake – Loaded with perfect crunchy peanut butter flavor using Reese’s Pieces, prep this easy dessert in just 20 minutes!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons – Sweet, fluffy peanutbutter sandwiched between chocolaty meringue-based cookies, easy step-by-step photos, and instructions included!
- Peanut Butter S’mores Bars – Made with graham crackers, peanut butter cookies, marshmallows, chocolate, and candy, ready in under 20 minutes!
- Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Balls – This no bake treat takes Nutter Butter cookies and turns them into a creamy yet crunchy dessert that’s a tasty mix of peanut butter and chocolate!
- Peanut Butter Fudge – The perfect balance of sweet and salt, this creamy, rich fudge is a must-make all year round!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Freak Shake
- 2 cups ice cream peanut butter, vanilla, or chocolate may be used
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and chopped peanuts, chocolate-covered peanuts, peanut butter chocolate candies, and peanut butter cups, nutter butters, sprinkles optional garnishes
- Frost the rim of your cup or mason jar with chocolate frosting and decorate with sprinkles, candies or peanut butter cups. Drizzle the inside rim with chocolate syrup to create drips inside your cup.
- Place milk, ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour this into the serving container and garnish as desired. Best with a wide straw!
- Storage Instructions: This milkshake will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge. However, it is better stored in the freezer (for up to a month). Then allow it to thaw slightly on the counter and stir when able, or you may need to re-blend it.
- Do I need to change anything if I use chocolate ice cream? It depends on how chocolatey you’d like your shake to be. You are welcome to leave out or decrease the chocolate syrup.
- Should I use smooth or chunky peanut butter? I used smooth, but I imagine that crunchy would work as well.
- This seems like a lot for one person – could I decrease it? Yes, this does make a very large, rich serving. You are welcome to half all of the ingredients to make a small serving.