S’mores Thumbprint Cookies (Just 5 Ingredients) have melted chocolate centers that are then topped with perfectly toasted marshmallow fluff!
These S’mores Thumbprint Cookies (Just 5 Ingredients) combine mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers with refrigerated cookie dough to make the base of this dessert! The cookies then get finished off with chocolate melting wafers that are pressed into the center of each cookie and topped with toasted marshmallow fluff to create that delicious s’more effect!
These cookies allow you to enjoy that classic campfire flavor that everyone loves, all year round! One bite into these cookies and you’ll swear you’re outside sitting next to a bonfire on a warm summer night catching up with friends!
What are Thumbprint Cookies?
Thumbprint cookies are balls of cookie dough that get flattened a bit by pressing your thumb into the center of each cookie. The centers are then filled with something sweet and delicious!
For these cookies, chocolate wafers get pressed into the centers and are then topped with marshmallow fluff!
Why I Love This Recipe!
- Ooey-Gooey S’more Goodness! When these cookies are enjoyed warm you get to enjoy that melty, ooey-gooey consistency you desire from eating s’mores!
- Easy Ingredients! This recipe skips the pantry and heads right for easy store-bought ingredients!
- Toasted Tops! Yes, TOASTED marshmallow tops! They look like you just spent a few minutes cooking the perfect mallow over an open fire, no detail was left out in this recipe!
- Quick To Make! From prepping, to cooking, to toasting, these cookies are done in just over 35 minutes!
Don’t get me wrong, I love homemade cookies, like A LOT! But it’s also nice to skip the flour, sugar, and the pile of dishes you get from homemade cookies every once in a while!
This Smores Cookie recipe skips all of that while still giving you incredibly soft and chewy cookies that you’ll love! To make up a batch you’ll need:
- Refrigerated Cookie Dough – I chose to use refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough! Feel free to choose what you like though!
- Graham Crackers – These get crushed before being added to the cookie dough batter.
- Mini Dehydrated Marshmallow Bits – These aren’t typically found by the rest of the marshmallows at the grocery store. Instead, check by the hot chocolate.
- Chocolate Melting Wafers – Pressed into the center of the cookies!
- Marshmallow Fluff – Piped onto each cookie and then toasted to give them that perfect s’more look!
How To Make S’mores Cookies
- Combine cookie dough with mallow bits and crushed graham crackers in a stand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Create dough balls using a medium cookie scoop and then place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Press a chocolate melting wafer into the top center of the cookie. Then top it with another melted wafer.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 10 minutes. Then bake until the edges begin to turn golden.
- Pipe marshmallow fluff onto the chocolate center of the baked cookies.
- Toast the tops of the marshmallows until golden brown using a kitchen torch.
How To Store S’mores Cookies
Store these Smores Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy them within 4-5 days!
What If I Don’t Have A Kitchen Torch?
No worries, you can still make these incredibly delicious cookies without one! Just decrease the baking time of the cookies by 1 minute and then set the oven to low broil until marshmallow is golden.
How Do I Crush The Graham Crackers?
You can easily do this by placing the graham crackers in a ziploc bag and rolling with a rolling pin. You could also place them in a food processor.
However you decide to crush them just keep in mind that you’re looking for small pieces not crumbles.
Can I Reheat These S’mores Thumbprint Cookies?
You definitely can, in fact, I encourage you to because that gooey consistency is the BEST! To do so just place them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
These S’mores Thumb Print Cookies deliver the flavor of your favorite summer treat when you’re unable to make the real deal by a camp fire! Here are more delicious s’more flavored recipes that you can also call on when that S’more craving hits!
- Peanut Butter S’mores Bars – An easy dessert ready in under 20 minutes that’s made with graham crackers, peanut butter cookies, marshmallows, chocolate, and candy!
- Campfire S’mores Hot Chocolate Cocktail – Warm up with this cozy drink that’s laced with whiskey and honey then topped with toasted, melty marshmallows!
- S’mores Cookies – Delicious homemade cookies made with marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers to make it resemble the classic summer treat!
- Golden Grahams S’mores Bars – This no-bake treat combines a favorite breakfast cereal with marshmallow and chocolate!
S’mores CookiesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
S’mores Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine cookie dough with mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers until fully incorporated.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, create balls of dough and place them on the prepared cookie sheet about 2 inch apart.
- Press a chocolate melting wafer into the top center of the cookie, then top it with another melting wafer..
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and fill a pastry bag with marshmallow fluff.
- Carefully pipe 1 tablespoon of marshmallow fluff onto the chocolate center of the cookies.
- Let the marshmallow fluff rest for 5 minutes to let the peaks rest.
- Using a kitchen torch, carefully toast the tops of the marshmallows until golden brown.
- Reshaping the cookies with your hands once you press the chocolate in may be needed.
- An oven on broil can be used instead of a kitchen torch, simply decrease the baking time of the cookies by 1 minute and set the oven to low broil until marshmallow is golden.
- These can be served warm or cold. For a gooey consistency, eat while hot or reheat for 15 seconds in the microwave if the cookies have already cooled down.
- You can crush the graham crackers by placing them in a Ziploc bag and rolling with a rolling pin or lightly crush them in a food processor. You’re looking for small pieces, not crumbles.
- 10 minutes in the oven worked well for me, but cook times vary by each oven.