Iced Chai Latte is made with chai tea bags, whole milk, brown sugar, water, and pantry staple spices to create the best chai latte at home!
For other delicious Chai Tea recipes try my cozy Vanilla Chai Crumble Muffins or Easy Vanilla Chai Shortbread Cookies that are ready in just 25 minutes!
This Iced Chai Tea Latte gives you a sweet yet slightly spicy taste that’s been perfectly balanced between light brown sugar and warm ground spices! The easy-to-make recipe combines homemade chai concentrate and milk together for a latte so good you’ll be skipping past your favorite coffee shop to make this right in your own kitchen!
If your go-to order at Starbucks is an Iced Chai Tea Latte then this is a recipe you DON’T want to miss! It’s the same delicious taste you’d get from the barista except you don’t even have to leave home to get it!
Why I Love This Recipe!
- Hot or Cold! This recipe can easily be enjoyed both hot or cold! For a hot latte just use the tea right after making it instead of chilling and then pour in frothed milk!
- Substitutions! A list of substitutions is included so you can easily tailor this drink to your taste and preferences!
- Make It Ahead! Make it the night before and let it chill overnight! Then you have an Iced Chai Latte you can start your busy day with!
- Saves Money! Sure, Starbucks Iced Chai Lattes are good but they’re also pricey! Make these right at home and I bet your bank account will be thanking you!
To make this homemade chai latte you’ll need chai tea bags, light brown sugar, water, ice cubes, and whole milk. Next, pack in the flavor with a handful of ground spices such as:
- Black Pepper
Then for a fun garnish I chose to top my Iced Chai Lattes with star anise!
There are also some easy ways to tailor this recipe to exactly what you’re looking for! If you’d like you can swap out the light brown sugar for white granulated sugar, honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar. Just remember it will alter the final taste of this latte!
As for the milk, you can also swap that out and instead use your milk of choice! Feel free to try almond milk, 2% milk, or really whatever you have on hand.
How To Make An Iced Chai Latte
- Add all of the spices to a coffee filter. Then tie the top closed to prevent any leaking.
- Place the sachet into a medium saucepan with the tea bags, brown sugar, and water.
- Boil and then remove it from heat to allow it to steep.
- Remove the tea bags and spice bag, squeezing out any excess liquid.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Pour the tea into two large glasses and add a cup of ice.
- Pour the milk over the tea. Then sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
How Long Can I Keep The Chai Latte In The Refrigerator?
You can enjoy the chai latte for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that if the ice has already been added it will melt and dilute the taste of the latte!
Can I Top This Iced Chai Latte With Whipped Cream?
Absoultey! My easy to make Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream would make a wonderful topping!
How Many Lattes Does This Recipe Make?
This recipe yields two drinks! If you’d like more than that or even just a larger serving portion you can easily double or even triple the ingredients!
Can I Make It Hot?
Absolutely! To make a hot Masala Chai Latte, simply add the tea to a mug right after steeping then top with steamed milk.
An Iced Chai Latte is a great and easy way to swap up the way you drink your caffeine! Here’s a list of more lattes you may love as much as this one!
- Cookie Butter Latte (TikTok Starbucks Secret Menu) – Made with brown sugar simple syrup, chai tea concentrate, and oat milk!
- Breve Latte (Breve Coffee) – Fill your favorite mug with this rich and creamy coffee that’s made with half & half and a shot of espresso!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – Loaded with cozy fall flavors like pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves!
- Vanilla Latte Mousse Shooters – A gluten-free dessert that’s rich and creamy, whipped up in just 20 minutes!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Iced Chai Latte
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 chai tea bags
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 16 ounces water
- 12 ounces whole milk
- Place all spices in a coffee filter, and tie the top closed with string to prevent any leaking.
- Add the sachet to a medium saucepan with tea bags, brown sugar, and water.
- Bring to a boil then remove from heat and let steep for 8 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and the spice bag, squeezing out any excess liquid. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Pour 6 ounces (each) of tea into two large glass with ice.
- Pour the milk over the tea
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
- Black tea can be used in place of chai tea.
- Even though you start with 2 cups of water, some will be absorbed by the tea and spice bag and you’ll be left with about 1½ cups.
- To make hot, use the tea right after making and steam the milk to 160 degrees F.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
Is it 1/2 cup of brown sugar?
Rebecca Hubbell says
Yes, thank you for bringing that to my attention – all fixed in the recipe card!