These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with sweet, delicious flavors the whole family will love!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
So I must confess that I’ve been holding these cookies back from you for a month. I know, I know, how dare I. I actually made these for Matt for his birthday at the beginning of September, because though most everyone knows me for my cupcakes, he loves me for my cookies!
But there was another reason these particular cookies came about. When I was shopping for his Captain America Birthday Party, I spotted Nestle Toll House’s New DelightFulls chocolate chips!
Yes, they’re exactly what they sound like, chocolate chips with a filling! I mean I couldn’t leave the store without a bag of the peanut butter filled ones.
Well, as soon as I got home and start unpacking, Matt snapped those babies right up and asked when he could eat them. I told him they were for the blog.
He said, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, the blog comes first” – He keeps threatening to get that as a tattoo so when people ask him why he’s doing the ridiculous stuff he’s doing (or I’m doing) he can just point to his arm.
Well, he really wanted to eat those chocolate chips, so he gave me the puppy dog face and asked for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies for his birthday and told me I could even take pictures of them for the blog – wasn’t that nice of him? But I really didn’t mind, I’d make him cookies anytime!
These are seriously the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever made, they’re soft and chewy and of course, the chocolate makes them even better!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3.4 oz. package Instant Vanilla Pudding Powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 additional egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter Toll House DelightFulls Chips or regular chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butters and sugars together until smooth.
- Add pudding, eggs, additional egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for about one minute on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a 1/2 cup at a time and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, I usually do this with my hands.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon sized scoops onto prepared cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Cool on pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.