This Hard Apple Cider Sangria brings together the cozy flavors of apple, ginger, cinnamon, and citrus in a crisp and refreshing batch cocktail!
I love a well-crafted cocktail but my heart belongs to big pitchers of sangria. Not that sangrias can’t be well-crafted, this one sure is, but I think you get the idea.
Sangrias get a party going, they make girls nights a blast, and they help get you through dinner with the in-laws (just kidding, I love mine)! And if you’re looking for a single serving apple cider cocktail, check out my Apple Mojito.
This Hard Apple Cider Sangria is the perfect cocktail for transitioning from summer into fall. It’s loaded up with a fresh mix of sliced citrus and ripe apples with a touch of spicy cinnamon. For me, the key to a good sangria is, well, actually, it’s a lot of things, so let’s talk about them.
Keys to a Delicious Sangria!
- Brandy – I don’t know what it is, but the best sangrias are made with a bit of brandy. Not much, just enough to add some extra sweetness and a boost of flavor.
- Time – Sangria really needs time to come together once mixed, let it sit in the fridge for at least a couple hours before serving so those flavors really meld together.
- Hold the Bubbles – I generally add at least one thing to my sangrias that are bubbly, be it soda or sparkling wine. The key is to add them in right before serving so you get to keep the fizz. If you’re making a sangria like this one, with two potentially bubbly additions, just save one aside and pour the other in to capture the flavor of the mix.
I really think you guys are going to love this Hard Apple Cider Sangria. It’s such a fun fall sipper and great for parties when it’s not quite cold enough to whip out the hot stuff.
This particular batch is made with a dry hard cider, a sparkling rose, ginger brandy, and apple juice. It’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
More Delicious Apple Recipes!
- Apple Pimm’s Cup Cocktail from Sugar & Soul
- Apple Pecan Bread Pudding from Bread Booze Bacon
- Apple Pie Mug Cake from Kleinworth & Co.
- Apple Cider Doughnuts from Cooking with Curls
- Apple Pecan Stuffing from Home.Made.Interest.
- Salted Caramel Apples from The Creative Bite
- Applesauce & Yogurt Parfaits from Celebrating Sweets
- Apple Pie French Toast for One from Frugal Foodie Mama
- Apple Pie Braid from Liz on Call
Apple Cider SangriaPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Hard Apple Cider Sangria
- 36 ounces Hard Apple Cider I prefer dry
- 1/2 cup ginger brandy
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 green apple chopped
- 1 red apple chopped
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups sparkling rose
- Combine all ingredients (except ice and rose) in a large pitcher or punch bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add the rose just before serving for best results so it’s still bubbly.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice and garnished with cinnamon sticks.