This Easy One Pot Lasagna is a cozy and comforting dish you can make in your Dutch oven in under an hour. A delicious meat sauce, oven-ready pasta, and three different kinds of cheese with a hint of basil and red pepper flakes make this a dish you’ll want to make again and again!
With cold weather approaching (or already here for some of you), it’s time to start whipping out those Dutch ovens and crock pots and start whipping up all those cozy comfort foods we love during the fall and winter months. Lasagna is one of my all-time favorites and a family favorite! So grab a bottle of wine, and let’s get cooking!
Everything is cooked right in the dutch oven and therefore this is a little bit like a freestyle lasagna because even though all your favorite components of a good lasagna are in there, you’re not likely to find perfect layers like you might be used to with a traditional lasagna. But the layers are still there, and the flavors are what truly matter, and if you can spend more time relaxing instead of cleaning up, then why wouldn’t you 😉
More delicious pasta recipes:
Easy One Pot Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces oven ready lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add oil, shallots, garlic, beef, salt, and pepper to a 3-quart dutch oven or oven-safe pot and cook over medium-high heat until beef is brown. Drain liquid and add in marinara sauce, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes. Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add lasagna in a couple sheets at a time, I found the best way to do this was if your sheets are short enough, place one full sheet in the center and use a wooden spoon to press it down into the mixture so it’s fully covered and down as far as it will go. Then break another sheet up into smaller bits and press them down around the area where the full sheet went to try and cover as much space as possible.
- Press in a layer of mozzarella cheese slices, then another layer of pasta, another layer of cheese, and another layer of pasta. I found it best if you alternated the direction of your noodles with each layer.
- Sprinkle the whole dish with the Parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and use a toothpick or fork to check for tenderness. If noodles aren’t quite done, bake them another 5 to 10 minutes.