This Baked Spaghetti Pie is an easy and delicious dinner recipe. Al dente spaghetti topped with meat sauce and layer of melty cheese.
Baked Spaghetti Pie
Alright, where the heck has Baked Spaghetti Pie been all my life? Probably right in front of me, but it wasn’t something that was ever served for dinner when I was growing up.
However, you can bet I’ll be feeding it to my kids when they come along! I mean, it’s a unique dish and when you make it with jarred marinara sauce, it’s easy too!
If you’re feeling really ambitious, make this recipe with some of my favorite meat sauce!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Best Ever SPAGHETTI PIE Recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How To Make Spaghetti Pie:
The spaghetti is cooked to al dente and then tossed with egg, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
Then it’s spread in a pie plate where it awaits the marinara that’s been simmered with ground beef, peppers, and onions, top it off with shredded mozzarella cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
Finally, it off until it’s all melty and delicious and serve it up with my Blue Cheese Garlic Bread!
I love when I find a recipe that is instantly a classic, the kind of meal you cook on chilly weeknights and Sunday afternoons.
A dish that’s easy and takes less than a half hour to prep and comes out of the oven smelling like perfection.
If you’re not a pepper fan, you can leave them out, but I love the crunch they add to the pie.
You may also have a bit of leftover meat sauce depending on the depth of your pan, save it for later in the week!
More delicious pasta recipes you’ll love!
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Antipasti Pasta Salad
- Bacon and Broccoli Alfredo
- Baked Ziti
- How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site!
You can also subscribe to my newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Pin this Baked Spaghetti Recipe for Later!
- 1 pound 80% ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 24- ounce marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a large high-lipped skillet. Once the beef has browned, add in chopped green pepper and onion and simmer over medium-high heat frequently stirring until beef is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Drain if necessary. Add Barilla® Marinara to the beef mixture and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta according to package instructions.
- Once pasta is done cooking, beat an egg in a large bowl and add in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Toss the spaghetti in the egg mixture until evenly coated.
- Spray a 9 or 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray and pour the pasta into the pie plate, use your hands to gently work the spaghetti into a crust and up the sides of the dish.
- Spoon the meat sauce mixture over the pasta, if there’s some left over, package it up for pasta later in the week.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and chopped parsley and make for 20 minutes. Slice with a sharp knife and serve.