This Turkey Florentine Pasta Bake combines lean ground turkey with spinach and marinara for a simple baked pasta dish the whole family will love!
This Turkey Florentine Pasta Bake is one of my favorite oven-baked pasta dishes because it’s loaded with so much flavor!
Of course, most of my favorite casserole-style dishes include pasta, sauce, and lots of cheese!
What Is Florentine?
Generally speaking, in the culinary world, à la Florentine means a dish that is prepared in a style originating from Florence, Italy. Florentine-Style usually means that the dish is prepared with spinach.
This Turkey Florentine Pasta Bake casserole dish hits on all those points, plus it’s super easy, leaving you more time to recap the day’s events with your family rather than being in the kitchen.
This dish is full of flavor and on the table in just over 30 minutes. And if turkey isn’t your thing, you can easily swap it out for ground beef or chicken. You could also add shredded chicken or turkey instead if desired!
How To Make It:
Even though there are a lot of ingredients, this dish is actually a pretty simple one to make. It’s not an overly pretty dish, but it is super yummy!
Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. Then in a large non-stick skillet, brown the ground turkey and onions with salt and pepper over medium heat.
Next, stir in the marinara sauce, tomato paste, water, oregano, sugar, cinnamon, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
While the meat sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to package directions. When pasta is done, drain and transfer back into the pot. Add in spinach and mix until evenly combined.
Once meat sauce is done simmering, add to the pasta and spinach mixture, stirring well.
Spread half of the pasta mix out into a 9×13-in casserole dish, then spread the ricotta cheese out evenly across it, then add the remaining pasta over the top of the ricotta.
Sprinkle the top of the pasta with mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
I love this Florentine Pasta because it’s so easy to make and the flavors are delicious!
It’s perfect for those nights when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but you want something that’s cozy and creamy!
The best part: this dish reheats really well too, so you won’t have to cook the next night either if there are leftovers!
More Delicious Recipes!
Turkey Florentine Pasta Bake
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! I’ve also created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join in! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Turkey Florentine Pasta Bake
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4/ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cup penne pasta uncooked
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the ground turkey and onions with salt and pepper over medium heat.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, tomato paste, water, oregano, sugar, cinnamon, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While meat sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is done, drain and transfer back into the pot, add in spinach and mix until evenly combined.
- Once meat sauce is done simmering, add to the pasta and spinach mixture, stirring well.
- Spread half of the pasta mix out into an 11 x 7-in casserole dish, then spread the ricotta cheese out evenly across it, then add the remaining pasta over the top of the ricotta.
- Sprinkles with mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.