This Turkey Florentine Pasta Bake combines lean ground turkey with spinach and marinara for a simple pasta dish the whole family will love!
As we head into the cooler months it’s time to transition from dinner on the grill to the comfort of oven baked dishes. Of course most of my favorite casserole style dishes include pasta, sauce, and lots of cheese! This dish hits on all those points, plus it’s super easy, leaving you more time to recap the days events with your family rather than being in the kitchen.
This dish is full of flavor and on the table in just over 30 minutes. The Mezzetta Marinara sauce is robust and flavorful made with 100% hand selected plum tomatoes! A family business that incorporated traditional Italian flavors into everyday cuisine! Pair it with my Blue Cheese Garlic Bread for a great weeknight meal at home!
Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Marinara Sauce hits all the right notes in this cozy meal. With so many other great sauce flavors, the dinner possibilities are endless. Right now, Mezzetta wants to give one of you the Perfect Pasta Night Kit, which includes all of their pasta sauces, pasta, kitchen gadgets and a $500 grocery gift card! Plus a few runners-up with have some Mezzetta sauces shipped right to their door! You can enter the giveaway here!
- ½ lb Ground Turkey
- ½ cup Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼/ tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Mezzetta Marinara Sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tsp Fresh Oregano, dry can also be used
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Garlic Power
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cup Penne Pasta, uncooked
- 1 (10 oz) package Frozen Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1½ cups Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the ground turkey and onions with salt and pepper over medium heat.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, tomato paste, water, oregano, sugar, cinnamon, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While meat sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is done, drain and transfer back into the pot, add in spinach and mix until evenly combined.
- Once meat sauce is done simmering, add to the pasta and spinach mixture, stirring well.
- Spread half of the pasta mix out into an 11 x 7 in casserole dish, then spread the ricotta cheese out evenly across it, then add the remaining pasta over the top of the ricotta.
- Sprinkles with mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.