This Coquito Recipe is a thick and creamy coconut-based Puerto Rican cocktail similar to eggnog and a deliciously thick holiday drink loaded with spices and rum!
Coquito Is A Holiday Tradition!
Do you love eggnog? You will love this coquito recipe! Do you hate eggnog? You may still love this coquito recipe!
While the coquito is often referred to as Puerto Rican Eggnog, this recipe doesn’t actually contain any cooked or raw eggs or egg yolks. But it’s just as rich and delicious as the traditional nog we’re used to here in the States.
What Is A Coquito?
A coquito is a Puerto Rican cocktail made with rum and a base of coconut milk and cream. It’s generally sweetened with sweetened condensed milk and laced with vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
What I love about this coquito recipe is that it’s so easy to make. You simply add all of the ingredients to a blender (this is my favorite blender), blend until mixed, and allow it to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
And the best part is, the longer it sits, the better it will taste, which means you can make it way in advance for holiday parties or drink it yourself over the course of several evenings by the fire.
This Coquito recipe calls for quite a few ingredients, but all of them are easily accessible at your local grocery store!
What Is In A Coquito?
- Evaporated Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Cream of Coconut (Coco Lopez or Coco Real)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Gold Rum (Feel free to use Spiced Rum or White Rum instead)
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon Sticks and Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Nutmeg
How Do You Make Puerto Rican Coquito?
- Add the and in a blender and blend.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, pour into a glass and dust with a sprinkle of spice, garnish with a cinnamon stick, and enjoy!
And if you’re making a Puerto Rican cocktail, you have to use rum from Puerto Rico, too! This recipe has a full cup of rum, but you can add more or less if you’d like.
This delicious Christmas drink makes a great gift, too! Bottle it up in glass bottles and tie some baker’s twine and a gift tag around it. Then deliver some holiday cheer to your neighbors and friends!
This cocktail is loaded up with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to really pack in the holiday flavor!
The rum truly brings the coquito to life and balances nicely with the rich coconut and spices. It’s bound to be an instant holiday favorite!
More Holiday Cocktails:
- Apple Crumble Cocktail
- New Year’s Eve Punch
- Cranberry Mojitos
- Cranberry Margaritas
- Crock Pot Spiced Cherry Cider
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
- Add 24 ounces evaporated milk, 14 ounces Cream of Coconut, 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk, 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 8 ounces Gold Rum, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg to a blender and blend at high speed.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Shake or stir well and serve cold in small glasses. Garnish with nutmeg.