This Hot Pepper Jelly Meatballs recipe combines frozen meatballs, raspberry jam, chili sauce, red pepper jelly, and orange juice to make a sweet and spicy appetizer! Simply toss the ingredients into the crockpot and your work is done!
These Hot Pepper Jelly Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for game days, parties, and even holiday gatherings! Guests will skip past the other snacks and appetizers and head straight to the crockpot for these meatballs over and over again until they’re gone!
This easy-to-make recipe is inspired by my Classic Grape Jelly Meatballs Appetizer so you know it’s going to be good! In this recipe, the raspberry jam and red hot pepper jelly mix with the chili sauce and orange juice to create a sensational flavor combination!
So if you’ve had my grape jelly slow cooker meatballs then you’ll definitely love these ones as well! But you can easily find out for yourself by taking just 5 minutes to combine the 5 ingredients in your crockpot!
The hardest part of this recipe is smelling the delicious aroma while you wait for them to finish cooking!
To make this Crockpot Meatball Recipe you’ll need just a handful of ingredients and only 5 minutes of hands-on time! First, grab a bag of frozen meatballs!
I recommend using either Italian meatballs or Swedish-style meatballs. However, you could also make your own homemade meatballs to use in this recipe as well!
Just make sure you cook the meatballs first before combing them in the crockpot with the other ingredients. Next up is a bottle of chili sauce!
I used Heinz Chili Sauce but feel free to grab your favorite bottle! Lastly, raspberry jam, hot red pepper jelly, and orange juice round off the ingredients list.
How To Make Raspberry Red Pepper Jelly Meatballs
- Combine the raspberry jam, hot pepper jelly, chili sauce, and frozen meatballs in a crockpot.
- Pour orange juice into each empty container of chili sauce. Then cover and shake the bottles to loosen up any leftover sauce.
- Pour the orange juice from the bottles into the crockpot.
- Cook on high then enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Store This Crockpot Jelly Meatballs Recipe?
Keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy them within 3 days!
Can I Make These Sweet And Spicy Meatballs Ahead Of Time?
You absolutely can! Just cook them the day before and then store them in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to enjoy them just toss them back in the crockpot to be reheated!
Can I Use Homemade Meatballs In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked homemade meatballs. They won’t need as long to cook since they won’t be starting out frozen, unless you have frozen them. I do not recommend making this recipe with uncooked homemade meatballs.
Is There A Way To Add More Spice To This Recipe?
Definitely! If you’re really looking for a kick of spice you can add more chili sauce! Or you could even add in some chili powder or cayenne pepper.
Any party or gathering calls for a delicious meatball appetizer such as these flavorful Raspberry Red Pepper Jelly Meatballs! Here are more crowd-pleasing meatball recipes to tuck away and make for your next event!
- Pineapple Tequila Meatballs – The perfect game day appetizer that’s made with only 4 ingredients in a crockpot!
- Crockpot Meatballs – Homemade Italian meatballs made in the crockpot for an easy weeknight meal!
- Cranberry Orange Meatballs – Only 5 minutes of prep to combine the ingredients in the crockpot!
- Crock Pot Apple Cocktail Meatballs – A party appetizer that’ll shock your taste buds with its sweet, slightly spicy taste!
- Greek Meatball – Ground beef packed with authentic Greek flavor using herbs and spices!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Raspberry Red Pepper Jelly Meatballs
- 56 ounces frozen meatballs either Italian or Swedish style
- 24 ounces chili sauce
- 11 ounces raspberry jam
- 8½ ounces red pepper jelly
- 4 ounces orange juice
- Add meatballs, chili sauce, jam, and jelly to a large crockpot.
- Pour ¼ cup of orange juice into each empty container of chili sauce and cover and shake to loosen up any remaining sauce, then pour into the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours before enjoying.
- How To Store: Keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy them within 3 days!
- Make-Ahead Directions: Just cook them the day before and then store them in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to enjoy them just toss them back in the crockpot to be reheated!
- If I Use Homemade Meatballs In This Recipe Do I Still Need To Cook Them In The Crockpot For Four hours? No, if you’re using cooked homemade meatballs you do not need to cook them for 4 hours. They won’t need as long to cook since they won’t be starting out frozen. I do not recommend making this recipe with uncooked homemade meatballs.
- Is There A Way To Add More Spice To This Recipe? Definitely! If you’re really looking for a kick of spice you can add more chili sauce! Or you could even add in some chili powder or cayenne pepper.