- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 4 - 5 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 3 tbsp Barefoot Bubbly Pink Moscato Champagne
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- Fill liners about 2/3 full of batter.
- Turn oven down to 325 F.
- Bake cupcakes for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick to check that they are done, transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, use a cupcake corer to make a hole, fill with Easy Raspberry Filling
- Cream butter.
- Add confectioner's sugar a 1/2 cup at a time.
- Beat on high for about 3 minutes, frosting should be fluffy and smooth.
- Add champagne and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Frost cupcakes.
Update: This post is the most popular post on Sugar & Soul and in my personal life. I’ve made a wedding cake with this recipe that everyone loved and I’ve made the cupcakes several times over. The champagne buttercream is absolutely amazing. I love the gorgeous pearl sheen it gives the frosting making it perfect for any special occasion! Not to mention the flavor!
One of my favorite things about this frosting is that you know it’s ready based on the flavor… once you have enough champagne in the buttercream it has a fruity flavor that just sings! One second it’s sugary and the next it’s fruity in a sophisticated and decadent way! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as those who have checked it out and pinned it before you!
Post Updated: February 6, 2017