These Sugar Cookie Pancakes will add holiday cheer to your morning routine. Trade in traditional buttermilk for thick, fluffy, and sweet ricotta based pancakes laced with sugar cookie creamer, and topped with baked sugar cookies, icing, whipped cream, and sprinkles!
Sugar Cookies are a classic. And while they’re not solely a holiday cookie, I think they make us all a little nostalgic since they’re probably what most of us baked, decorated and left out for Santa as children. There’s just something about that sweet, buttery deliciousness you get in every bite of a classic sugar cookie.
Sugar Cookies are something I can never seem to get enough of, and every year I look forward to the seasonal release of International Delight’s Frosted Sugar Cookie Creamer. I’ve made so many fun things with it over the years, including this Sugar Cookie Cream Tart that my family enjoyed for Thanksgiving last year. I also love to add it to my coffee and hot chocolate too!
This creamer is so versatile, I use it to replace the milk in a lot of my recipes. Hello, sugar cookie cupcakes, sugar cookie waffles, and now – Sugar Cookie Pancakes!
These pancakes are made with a ricotta base, as opposed to oil or butter, and it gives them a deliciously thick and fluffy texture that I believe all pancakes should have! All of the pancake recipes on this site (except my banana pancakes) are made with ricotta because it yields great results every time.
The key is to not overmix your batter, you want it to be rather thick with some clumps, and you’ll need to use the back of a spoon or a small rubber spatula to work the batter out in a circular motion since the batter is pretty thick and doesn’t expand out much on its own.
But trust me, you won’t mind the little bit of extra work once you have a place of these Sugar Cookie Pancakes sitting in front of you!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! I’ve also created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join in! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Sugar Cookie Pancakes
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together creamer, ricotta cheese, eggs, and vanilla
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter should be a bit lumpy, do not over-mix.
- Spray griddle or large pan with cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
- Use a ½ cup measuring cup to pour batter onto hot cooking surface, using the back of a spoon or rubber spatula to gently work the thick batter into a circle about 1/2 inch thick and 6-inches wide.
- Cook for 1½ – 2 minutes until edges start to bubble, flip and cook the other side for about a minute until side is golden brown. Make sure to spray the pan between flips.
- Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla to create the icing. Pour icing over cooked pancakes and top with whipped cream, mini sugar cookies, and sprinkles.