Air Fryer Steak is incredibly tender and juicy with a light crisp coating that cooks in just 14 minutes, making for a quick yet tasty dinner! You may never want to cook a steak any other way again!
This Air Fryer steak did not disappoint the first time I gave it a whirl, nor did it the second or third time! It may even be my new favorite way of cooking steak!
I have to admit, I was a bit slow to jump on the air fryer bandwagon. But once I got on, I haven’t stopped air frying just about anything I can get my hands on!
If you haven’t gotten into air frying yet but still want a really good steak recipe, you have to try my Epic Rib Eye Steak! That steak won’t let you down either!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Quick! Depending on how you like your steak cooked, this meat hits your plate in just 14 minutes!
- Foolproof! Unlike grilling and frying where the steak tends to come out differently each time, the air fryer method gives you perfectly cooked steak every time!
- Taste! Tender, juicy steak with a crisp coating that’s perfectly seasoned is more than enough to get my mouth watering!
- Different! Don’t get me wrong, I love grilling and frying steak on the stovetop, but sometimes it’s fun to cook our favorite foods differently!
Air Fryer Steak Ingredients
To make steak in the air fryer all that’s needed is your favorite inch thick steak, olive oil, coarse salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Top your steak with some herb butter or garlic butter to cover it with even more flavor!
Making your own flavored Herb Butter is so easy considering you likely have the ingredients to do so on hand!
To make herb butter take salt, pepper, lemon juice, chopped parsley, and chives and mix it all together with softened butter. If you prefer garlic butter just combine minced garlic or garlic powder, with salt, chopped parsley, and softened butter!
How To Make Air Fryer Steak
- Prepare by preheating the air fryer and spraying the air fryer basket with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Rub the steaks all over with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and then place them in the air fryer basket to cook.
- Cook them for about 14 minutes flipping them over about halfway through the cooking time.
- Slice and serve after the steaks have rested.
I use a Cosori 5.8qt Air Fryer, other air fryers may accommodate different amounts of steak.
Making steak in the air fryer might seem a little daunting or like you don’t have as much control, but I really think once you try it – you’re going to LOVE it! Here are a few more tips to help you cook the perfect steak in your air fryer!
To check the internal temperature on your steak use an instant-read thermometer. Keep in mind that the steak will rise about 5 degrees during the resting period.
- Rare: 125 degrees F
- Medium Rare: 135 degrees F
- Medium: 145 degrees F
- Medium Well: 155 degrees F
- Well: 160 degrees F
Can I Use Frozen Steak For This Recipe?
Yes, just keep in mind that using frozen steak will alter your cook time and temperature. Place frozen steak in the air fryer at 400 degrees F, making sure to flip the steak about halfway through to continue cooking on the other side.
How To Store
If there are any leftovers store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat the steak just place it back in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes.
I love finding new things to cook in my Air Fryer, so far everything usually comes out incredibly delicious! Try another great Air Fryer Recipe that I think you’ll love just as much as I do!
- Delicious Air Fryer Chocolate Cake – Dense, moist cake covered in an indulgent Chocolate Ganache, ready in under 30 minutes!
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Lip-smacking honey sriracha chicken wings that are full of flavor!
- Quick Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts – Super easy donuts ready in just 20 minutes using canned biscuits!
- Fun Air Fryer Pizzas – Easily made using refrigerated biscuits and then covered in your family’s favorite toppings!
- Air Fryer Nashville Hot Chicken – Juicy and tender chicken with a crunchy coating of spice!
Air Fryer Steak
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Air Fryer Steak
- Let the steak sit out at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes for best results.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F and spray the air fryer basket with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Rub the steak(s) all over with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and place them in the air fryer, making sure they aren't touching.
- Cook for 8 minutes, then use tongs to flip the steaks and cook for an additional 3 to 6 minutes depending on desired doneness.
- Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- I chose two 6-8oz. filets, but you can cook any kind of steak with this method, you’ll just need to monitor the cook times.
- I only recommend air frying steaks that are at least 1-inch thick or they will overcook easily.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check the steak’s internal temperature. The steak will continue to rise in temperature after removing it from the air fryer during the resting period, so you can remove it when it’s 5° below the desired temperature.
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium Rare: 135°F
- Medium: 145°F
- Medium Well: 155°F
- Well: 160°F
- I prefer my filets to be between 145°F and 150°F, so I stop cooking when they reach an internal temperature of 140-145°F.