This Christmas Coffee brings together the cozy flavors of the season for a mug of pure joy! You can make this spiced coffee in your favorite coffee maker and top it with whipped cream or add milk and sprinkles!
Fill your home with the aroma of this spiced coffee as you prepare for your guests to arrive around the holidays! Serve it up with a candy cane and top it with my Homemade Whipped Cream as you enjoy a slice of Dutch Apple Pie while catching up with loved ones.
This Christmas coffee uses spices found in most pantries and can easily be made into smaller batches so you can even brew it in your french press!
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see my full spiced coffee recipe as you decide if you’ll grind up your own coffee beans or use your most loved pre-ground coffee!
During college, I worked at Starbucks which meant when the holiday season rolled around my workdays were spent absorbing the fragrance of Starbuck’s Christmas blend.
Ever since then I knew I had to come up with something similar that I could easily brew myself to fill my home with the cozy smell of those good old college holidays.
Christmas Coffee Ingredients
A mixture of dark roast coffee, powdered sugar, ground cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice is brewed together with water in your favorite coffee maker!
How To Make Spiced Christmas Coffee
After placing a filter into the filter basket add in your dark roast ground coffee, spices and sugar then continue to prepare as you normally would depending on your style coffee maker.
Once finished pour the hot coffee into your favorite single-serve coffee cup then top it with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar!
Depending on the size of your coffee cups this recipe will yield about 8 cups, plenty to share!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use hot coffee to make this recipe an iced coffee?
Once you’ve brewed the coffee just refrigerate it and pour it over ice whenever you’re ready for a cupful.
However, I don’t recommend preparing the spiced coffee in a cold brew pitcher because the spices are much finer than ground cold brew coffee and it could leave a residue.
Do I have to use regular coffee?
What if I don’t have a French press?
How can I make this recipe with a Keurig?
Recipes To Serve With This Coffee!
- Best Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes – Coffee and pancakes go hand in hand!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – Cookies go with everything!
- Best Easy Monkey Bread Ever – Sip on your spiced coffee while this family-favorite bakes in the oven!
- Strawberry Scones – A staple for brunch with friends!
- Chocolate Cream Pie – Coffee in one hand and pie in the other!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Spiced Christmas Coffee Recipe
- Add coffee, sugar, and spices to a coffee filter and prepare coffee as you normally would depending on the style coffee maker you use.1 cup ground dark roast coffee, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 3 teaspoons ground cardamom, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon ground allspice, 8 cups water
- Pour the coffee into a mug and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, if desired.whipped cream
- This is also delicious as iced coffee with added creamer, and it lasts about 2 to 3 days stored in the refrigerator!
- While I recommend dark roast coffee for best results I do encourage you to use your favorite unflavored coffee as a base to build off of!
- Make the recipe as you normally would, then just portion it out to be used in reusable k-cup filters, storing the leftover ground coffee mix in a canister until you’re ready for your next cup!